Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    I have a worksheet that's landscape and runs from A1:AL55. The margins are set at 0.25 all around.

I've selected this section as the Print Area and also checked to print 1 page wide by 1 page tall.

However, I still end up with 6 pages when I do a print preview or attempt to print the sheet.

Even if this is rather small type, I need it fit to one page somehow.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Excel's 1 X 1 sizing is valid if the scaling of the sheet is 10 percent or more.

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    Not sure I understand what you're saying. If I click fit to one page, shouldn't that simply "fit" the sheet to one page regardless of the font size or completed image size that results?

When I click fit to one page, the scaling changes (obviously).

Does your point about 10% mean that I need to change row heights or column widths on the sheet to insure that a fit to one page will be a percent higher than 10%?

Thanks.

P.S. What's odd is that I had a previous version of this current sheet and it DID fit to one page. Now, when I open it, it won't fit to one page. Seems like something has influenced the fitting in general. Is that possible? Maybe I reboot and reopen Excel and see if my world changes.

[quote name='mbarron' post='774940' date='12-May-2009 22:17']Excel's 1 X 1 sizing is valid if the scaling of the sheet is 10 percent or more.[/quote]

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I would have thought the same as far as 1X1 = 1X1. It appears that once Excel reaches the scaling size of 10 percent, as shown in the Page Set up dialog, the 1X1 is ignored, the scaling remains at 10 percent and the content is spread across as many sheets as necessary.

My testing is in Excel 2003.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    My experience in Excel 2002 is the same as Mike's: selecting 1 by 1 page will reduce the print scaling factor with a minimum of 10% - it won't go lower than that.
    But if your worksheet would need a scaling factor of less than 10% to fit on one page, the printout would be unreadable!