Gold Lounger
    Thanks
    I'm currently using IE6 (SP3). I have a Win XP machine, running at 2.2GH, with 2.0 GB Ram.

For the most part IE6 works for me, but I periodically have an issue where an instance of IE seems to stick in memory, preventing another instance being opened. I have to use Task Manager to remove it, and it is starting to get annoying.

It has been suggested I upgrade, but should I go to IE 7 or IE 8?
    Mark Liquorman
    See my website for Tips & Downloads and for my Liquorman Utilities.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    I've been using Internet Explorer 8 for almost 2 months now and I'm happy with it. It's stable and fast (in particular, web applications that use JavaScript are a lot faster). Some websites aren't IE8-compatible, but turning on compatibility mode for such sites works perfectly.

I'd go for IE8.

Gold Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='HansV' post='775052' date='13-May-2009 12:21']I've been using Internet Explorer 8 for almost 2 months now and I'm happy with it. It's stable and fast (in particular, web applications that use JavaScript are a lot faster). Some websites aren't IE8-compatible, but turning on compatibility mode for such sites works perfectly.

I'd go for IE8.[/quote]
    Thanks, that's the kind of feedback I was hoping for. Now it is down to an inertia thing; it is easier to stay where I am rather than upgrade!
    Mark Liquorman

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 927 Posts
    [quote name='MarkLiquorman' post='775055' date='13-May-2009 11:49']Thanks, that's the kind of feedback I was hoping for. Now it is down to an inertia thing; it is easier to stay where I am rather than upgrade![/quote]

I'll second what Hans said. It is an easy upgrade that should not take much time.

Joe
    Joe

Gold Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='joeperez' post='775079' date='13-May-2009 15:35']I'll second what Hans said. It is an easy upgrade that should not take much time.[/quote]
    Thanks, Joe. You were right, it went pretty quickly and was hassle-free (that's what concerned me). And it does seem considerably faster!
    Mark Liquorman

Administrator
    Thanks
    [quote name='MarkLiquorman' post='775127' date='13-May-2009 21:12']Thanks, Joe. You were right, it went pretty quickly and was hassle-free (that's what concerned me). And it does seem considerably faster![/quote]

Great!! Glad it worked out well.

Joe
    Joe

Thanks
    [quote name='MarkLiquorman' post='775051' date='14-May-2009 00:16']I'm currently using IE6 (SP3). I have a Win XP machine, running at 2.2GH, with 2.0 GB Ram.

For the most part IE6 works for me, but I periodically have an issue where an instance of IE seems to stick in memory, preventing another instance being opened. I have to use Task Manager to remove it, and it is starting to get annoying.

It has been suggested I upgrade, but should I go to IE 7 or IE 8?[/quote]

I too have just switched over to IE8 and was very surprised as to how much faster it is.

How long that will last is another story.
    Catz

Administrator
    Thanks
    [quote name='pauliez' post='775892' date='19-May-2009 10:55']I too have just switched over to IE8 and was very surprised as to how much faster it is.

How long that will last is another story.[/quote]

I've been running an incarnation of IE8 since February this year and it has held up quite nicely. It got better from beta, to RC, to release. I has been quick and stable for me.

Joe
    Joe

Thanks
    [quote name='joeperez' post='775969' date='20-May-2009 03:57']I've been running an incarnation of IE8 since February this year and it has held up quite nicely. It got better from beta, to RC, to release. I has been quick and stable for me.

Joe[/quote]

So far day three and still better than I expected.
    Catz