New Lounger
    Thanks
    Good morning,

We're just starting to try and use Publisher (2003) and 1 thing we would like to do is put together a student directory with personal info and a school picture. The merge source for the info is simply an Excel spreadsheet but the student pictures are JPG files stored on a separate server in a folder by school with the student ID as the file name. Is there a way I can add a column to the spreadsheet referencing the location of the picture for the catalog merge?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Annita

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    You can do this in Microsoft Word, since it lets you view and edit field codes, and nest fields within other fields. As far as I know, that is not possible in Publisher.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='HansV' post='775194' date='14-May-2009 15:53']You can do this in Microsoft Word, since it lets you view and edit field codes, and nest fields within other fields. As far as I know, that is not possible in Publisher.[/quote]

I guess I'm not smart enough to know what you're telling me - could you expand a little? I

Thx,

Annita

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    As far as I know, Microsoft Publisher is not able to perform a mail merge in which a picture changes per record. Its mail merge feature does not support that.

You could do it, however, in Microsoft Word. See for example Mail Merge Graphics.
    (Note: that website doesn't work well with Internet Explorer 8; if you use that browser version, turn on compatibility mode to view it correctly)

New Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='HansV' post='778410' date='04-Jun-2009 20:26']As far as I know, Microsoft Publisher is not able to perform a mail merge in which a picture changes per record. Its mail merge feature does not support that.

You could do it, however, in Microsoft Word. See for example Mail Merge Graphics.
    (Note: that website doesn't work well with Internet Explorer 8; if you use that browser version, turn on compatibility mode to view it correctly)[/quote]

As always, I'm in your debt!!!

Thanks so much -

Annita