Thanks
    I use Mozilla Firefox as my default web browser.

Every now and then when I open a web page such as MSN or others like it, and want to surf through the site, I see a small box in the lower left corner of the page that states "Loading" and while this small box is there it seems as though the page has frozen trying to move on to another part of the site.

Is there something wrong with my Mozilla Firefox web browser?

Is there a way to rid this little box from the web page?
    Catz

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='pauliez' post='775185' date='14-May-2009 10:53']I use Mozilla Firefox as my default web browser.

Every now and then when I open a web page such as MSN or others like it, and want to surf through the site, I see a small box in the lower left corner of the page that states "Loading" and while this small box is there it seems as though the page has frozen trying to move on to another part of the site.[/quote]
    I don't ever go to MSN but it has been my experience that most of the slowdowns I see on most sites have to do with their loading of @#$%^&* advertising sub-pages. I know that's not a proper term to call them, but it happens everywhere and I won't mention any names of advertising sites I see loading, but MANY of them take a long, long time to load.

MY primary example is my local newspaper which drives me nuts not only with loading, but when I click on a story, read it and then try to go "back" I'm usually faced with unpleasant delays in loading the main page from whence I just came. It always turns out to be the loading of advertisements.

Thanks
    [quote name='Bigaldoc' post='775253' date='14-May-2009 16:41']MY primary example is my local newspaper which drives me nuts not only with loading, but when I click on a story, read it and then try to go "back" I'm usually faced with unpleasant delays in loading the main page from whence I just came. It always turns out to be the loading of advertisements.[/quote]

Al, why not avoid the aggravation by simply clicking the middle button to open the story in a new tab? When you have finished, close the tab and voila, you are back at the front page without having to reload it. In fact, you can open multiple stories in new tabs without having to go back to the front page every time.
    Regards,
    PaulB

Thanks
    [quote name='pauliez' post='775185' date='14-May-2009 10:53'](snip) ...I see a small box in the lower left corner of the page that states "Loading"...

Is there a way to rid this little box from the web page?[/quote]

Are you referring to the Status bar? You can turn that off (but why would you want to???) in the "View" menu.
    Regards,
    PaulB

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='PaulB' post='775332' date='15-May-2009 00:28']Al, why not avoid the aggravation by simply clicking the middle button to open the story in a new tab?[/quote]
    Thanks, Paul. In a manner of speaking I sometimes do that, but not enough I guess. Two things in my case. I don't have a middle button, I have a Logitech two button mouse with a scroll wheel, which I use constantly. I'm also a southpaw, BUT still use my index finger on the left button by angling my hand, ever so slightly, to the left a little. That makes it an awkward move to hit the right-click button, sometimes throwing my mouse cursor off the target.

It's not that I'm handicapped, it just sounds that way. I've been doing the "left hand-index finger" thing for so many years, it's difficult to change.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='Bigaldoc' post='775346' date='15-May-2009 05:20']I don't have a middle button, I have a Logitech two button mouse with a scroll wheel, which I use constantly.[/quote]

Al,
    Your scroll wheel should be your middle click. Every scroll mouse I've used has had this functionality (most of them have been Logitechs)

An alternate would be to do a ctrl+left click to open the link in a new tab.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='mbarron' post='775351' date='15-May-2009 08:11']Your scroll wheel should be your middle click.[/quote]
    Maybe I just don't understand this devil. My scroll wheel has three functions: wheel, left wheel and right wheel. Those are my terms, not Logitech's.

Trouble is, I use the wheel (which you call middle button) for full page scrolling. So I tried this morning to see if I could assign either the right-scroll or left-scroll to be a right-click function and it's not a choice. See clip.

[attachment=83765:2009_05_15_092627.png]
    Attached Images Attached Images

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Ahh ha!

You've just reminded me why I uninstalled Logitech's software. You lose the middle click functionality. I have the same mouse, but a wired version. I thought it would be a great little addition to be able to zoom in and out by using the mouse wheel by rocking it to the left or right. The problem came when when trying to middle click to open a new tab. The software wanted to zoom in on the page.

Thanks
    This is the "loading" odd ball I was talking about.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Catz

Thanks
    [quote name='pauliez' post='775630' date='17-May-2009 18:42']This is the "loading" odd ball I was talking about.[/quote]

I don't think this is a problem with your browser. I agree with Bigaldoc that this is probably a status message from the site you are visiting. I remember getting a similar message (except it was at the top of the page) whenever I first started using Google mail. It seemed to take forever for them to assemble a page.

Do you get this at sites other than MSN?
    Regards,
    PaulB

Thanks
    [quote name='PaulB' post='775735' date='19-May-2009 00:53']I don't think this is a problem with your browser. I agree with Bigaldoc that this is probably a status message from the site you are visiting. I remember getting a similar message (except it was at the top of the page) whenever I first started using Google mail. It seemed to take forever for them to assemble a page.

Do you get this at sites other than MSN?[/quote]

I only get that loading message when I use Mozilla Firefox to open that e mail account.

If I open the same account with IE I don't get the loading message.

What is being loaded is almost impossible to find.

The page just seems to freeze with that loading box.

I let it sit one day for ten minutes and the page just stayed the same.

Seems like Mozilla Firefox and that hot mail account don't mix.
    Catz