5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I've googled this and can't find a good answer. I want to be able to use Explore to find ppt files and then right-click on the file and have it print in Handout format instead of as slide format.

I found where it was suggested I download the Office Resource kit and set a group policy. But, I looked at MS's office resource kit page and can't see anywhere in there that says there is a file that controls the print defaults.

Do you either have a better method or do you know how to use the ORK to find what I'm looking for?

Thanks.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    You could use the free Save the trees add-in.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I looked at that, Hans. But you have to open the ppt file for it to work. We want to find the files in Windows Explorer, right-click on them and have them print the handouts.

The person asking for this has a bunch of files to print and he doesn't want to open them individually.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    I'm sorry, I have no idea how to do that, or whether it's possible at all, actually.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts
    [quote name='MelanieB' post='775201' date='14-May-2009 11:14']I looked at that, Hans. But you have to open the ppt file for it to work. We want to find the files in Windows Explorer, right-click on them and have them print the handouts.

The person asking for this has a bunch of files to print and he doesn't want to open them individually.[/quote]

Printing from Windows Explorer uses the default settings. Have you tried changing the default view Tools | Options | View | Default View?

Joe
    Joe