Gold Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi,

How does one autofilter all time values between 12am and 6am that span over several days?

I only want records in a list who's time is between 12am and 6am. the list has a CALL Column that has a date and time stored in it...((similar to the format that =NOW() uses.)) These dates and times span several days, but I am only interested to extract CALLS that were made in the early morning between 12 and 6am irrespective of day!

TIA
    Regards,
    Rudi

Gold Lounger
    Thanks
    Another Question...

I have just noticed that the CALL column content is actually TEXT (ie... it is not a valid date / time format...the import has converted the entry to :
    May 5 2009 1:18AM)

So...is there a way to convert this to a date/time format or can we filter the 12am-6am request even if it is text?

TX
    Regards,
    Rudi

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='Rudi' post='775207' date='14-May-2009 10:48']I have just noticed that the CALL column content is actually TEXT (ie... it is not a valid date / time format...the import has converted the entry to : May 5 2009 1:18AM)

So...is there a way to convert this to a date/time format or can we filter the 12am-6am request even if it is text?[/quote]
    See if it will convert with =TIMEVALUE(SUBSTITUTE(TRIM(RIGHT(A1,7)),RIGHT(A1,2 )," ")&RIGHT(A1,2))
    (optionally cell-formatted as time), and then filter. Very lightly tested, so be sure it works!
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS

Thanks
    [quote name='Rudi' post='775207' date='14-May-2009 10:48']Another Question...

I have just noticed that the CALL column content is actually TEXT (ie... it is not a valid date / time format...the import has converted the entry to :
    May 5 2009 1:18AM)

So...is there a way to convert this to a date/time format or can we filter the 12am-6am request even if it is text?

TX[/quote]
    Easier to filter on time - but one has to remove the date from the time.
    I added a column using the following to extract the time and then reformated using timevalue (this will give all calls the same date).
    Filtering in 2007 is easy after this.

=TIMEVALUE(TEXT(A3,"hh:mm:ss"))
    [b]Catharine Richardson (WebGenii)
    WebGenii Home Page
    Moderator: Spreadsheets, Other MS Apps, Presentation Apps, Visual Basic for Apps, Windows Mobile

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='WebGenii' post='775249' date='14-May-2009 13:29']=TIMEVALUE(TEXT(A3,"hh:mm:ss"))[/quote]

No fair not telling how you removed the date. This would conversion be much easier if there was space between the time and the "AM/PM" indicator. I would usually handle this with Find and Replace.
    UTC -7ąDS

Gold Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi John...(And WebGenii)

TX a stack!

That formula solved my problem. It created the correct time value which allowed me to apply the necessary filter. It worked great!!

Cheers!!!
    Regards,
    Rudi

Thanks
    [quote name='JohnBF' post='775265' date='14-May-2009 15:05']No fair not telling how you removed the date. This would conversion be much easier if there was space between the time and the "AM/PM" indicator. I would usually handle this with Find and Replace.[/quote]

um I assumed the date was in date format. The formula simply extracts the time from that date. Then all times will have the same date (but you knew that anyway).
    [b]Catharine Richardson (WebGenii)
    WebGenii Home Page
    Moderator: Spreadsheets, Other MS Apps, Presentation Apps, Visual Basic for Apps, Windows Mobile

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by WebGenii' post='775910 View Post
    I have just noticed that the CALL column content is actually TEXT (ie... it is not a valid date / time format...the import has converted the entry to: May 5 2009 1:18AM)
    UTC -7ąDS