Thanks
    I have a music file, actually 2, boith I MP3 and WAV format.

The mp3 is 5 megs, the WAV is 36 megs!

Is there a way to embed the (hopefully the MP3) file so that it will play continuously through several slides, from the start of the presentation to the end?

Regards,
    Chuck Billow
    -------------------------------------------------
    "Good judgment comes from experience, and experience - well, that comes from poor judgment."

~ A(lan) A(lexander) Milne (1882-1956)- "House at Pooh Corner"

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    See the links in the section Sounds on Free PowerPoint Tips and Tutorials.

Thanks
    [quote name='HansV' post='775336' date='14-May-2009 22:21']See the links in the section Sounds on Free PowerPoint Tips and Tutorials.[/quote]

Fabulous. Thanks Hans.
    Chuck
    "Good judgment comes from experience, and experience - well, that comes from poor judgment."

Thanks
    [quote name='HansV' post='775336' date='14-May-2009 22:21']See the links in the section Sounds on Free PowerPoint Tips and Tutorials.[/quote]

Hans:

Worked great! Got an MP3 to be seen as a WAV file, o that it could be embedded in the Powerpoint. Thanks muchly!

Now, what I want to do is have it start at the onset of the presentation, and play all the way through -- not repeat, and not be attached to just OE slide.

Is this possible?

Regards,
    Chuck

Thanks

Hans, I think I've got it! The only thing I can't seem to do is:

When I inserted the sound file, it placed a "speaker" image on the slide. I an hide it in that one slede, but it seems to pop up as the images, which aqre mobile in placement throughout, shift position.

Is there a way to makle that symbil transparent, or just hide it?

Regards,
    Chuck

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    What happens if you move it off the visible part of the slide?

Thanks
    [quote name='HansV' post='775580' date='17-May-2009 09:18']What happens if you move it off the visible part of the slide?[/quote]

Hans, I was able to set it to 0 width and height, and that seemed to work.

What I can't seem to get is the embedding.

When I right-click the "speaker" there i9s no "Custom Animation" choice like all the guides say there is.

??

Regards,
    Chuck Billow

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Custom animation can only be set while you're in Normal view. If right-clicking doesn't work, select the speaker icon by left-clicking, then select Slide Show | Custom Animation...; this has the same effect.

Thanks
    [quote name='HansV' post='775633' date='17-May-2009 15:58']Custom animation can only be set while you're in Normal view. If right-clicking doesn't work, select the speaker icon by left-clicking, then select Slide Show | Custom Animation...; this has the same effect.[/quote]

Hans, that worked! TOTALLY cool!

Thanks so much!

Chuck

Thanks
    [quote name='HansV' post='775633' date='17-May-2009 15:58']Custom animation can only be set while you're in Normal view. If right-clicking doesn't work, select the speaker icon by left-clicking, then select Slide Show | Custom Animation...; this has the same effect.[/quote]

Hans:

I got the WAV files (embedded) in the PPoint presentation -- but the music only plays when I run the presentation from the machine it was created on.

How do I fix it so that it will play on any PC I gibe it to?

Regards,
    Chuck

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Are you sure you embedded it? PowerPoint will only embed sound files up to a certain size, and link to larger ones.

In PowerPoint 2003 and before, you can set the maximum size for embedded sounds in the General tab of Tools | Options, in PowerPoint 2007 select the sound file icon, then click Sound Options on the ribbon.

If the sound file is linked, you'll have to copy it to the other computer too (preferably in the same folder as the presentation).

Thanks
    [quote name='HansV' post='777112' date='26-May-2009 22:49']Arte you sure you embedded it? PowerPoint will only embed sound files up to a certain size, and link to larger ones.

In PowerPoint 2003 and before, you can set the maximum size for embedded sounds in the General tab of Tools | Options, in PowerPoint 2007 select the sound file icon, then click Sound Options on the ribbon.

If the sound file is linked, you'll have to copy it to the other computer too (preferably in the same folder as the presentation).[/quote]

Hans, I got it!

If I click on the speaker icon, then the Options tab is available. Then I went to Sound Options, and Max File Size, and changed it from 100 (K) to 50,000 (k) -- 5o megs.

The I inserted a 36 meg wav file, and it embedded!

Regards,
    Chuck Billow