2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I have a database downloaded from a client;s system. It is stored in a directory with its own workgroup file which has the same name as the database and the extension .mdw. My name is listed in the workgroups database as having owner and admin privileges. I can open the database without any trouble. For documentation purposes, I want to reverse engineer the database into Visio. However, the wizard tells me that I do not have appropriate privileges to open the database. Does Visio expect the workgroups file to be in a particular relationship to the data file (i.e another directory), is it only looking for System.mdw. or is there some setup requirement that has escaped me. Any info received with due gratitude.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='HansV' post='775600' date='17-May-2009 19:32']Does access security permissions to import after a new workgroup file? on EggHead Café help?[/quote]
    Thanks, Hans. I have downloaded the security analysis application and associated documentation and I will report back on what it reveals.
    Jim.