Platinum Lounger
    Thanks
    Teens attack guard at party

My 15yo daughter was at this party.

The guard had asked somebody to leave- he refused, and he and his mates started to attack the security guards.

One was pushed down the stairs, broke his ankle, and continued to get kicked in the face and body.

In the picture accompanying the article, the guard looks a lot better than he did at the time. His face was too swollen even to see his eyes.

My daughter was the only person in the room who jumped in to try and pull off an attacker- hitting him in the head with her metal purse. Everybody else, even the boys, stood back. Even after she jumped in nobody else did. It was only when the police arrived that the attack stopped.

The instigators were jailed.
    Subway Belconnen- home of the Signboard to make you smile. Get (almost) daily updates- follow SubwayBelconnen on Twitter.

Thanks
    [quote name='gwhitfield' post='775534' date='16-May-2009 21:02']My daughter was the only person in the room who jumped in to try and pull off an attacker- hitting him in the head with her metal purse. Everybody else, even the boys, stood back. Even after she jumped in nobody else did. It was only when the police arrived that the attack stopped.[/quote]
    Geoff,
    Kudos to your daughter for being the only one who had the decency to jump in to help. Dad must feel good about this, but....a METAL purse? WOW! Just as good as Mace!
    BOB
    http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/S/flags/USA.gif http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/S/f...sachusetts.gif

Long ago, there was a time when men cursed and beat on the ground with sticks. It was called witchcraft.
    Today it is called golf!

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi Geoff,

Both brave and daft, unless Aussie youths are that different about those currently in the UK who would not think twice about laying into a woman.

I am a big bloke and up until about 8 or 10 years ago I would challenge youths dropping litter, swearing etc. and in general they respected that an elder had told them off in a nice way and off they went (probably calling me all the names under the sun as they went).

These days I have to say I would genuinely be concerned to say anything due to the knife culture that is now prevalent here in the UK with hooded youths as young as 10 openly carrying them, they are like feral packs.

I would guess that the others at your daughter’s venue had seen and/or experienced the effects of interfering and thought better to wait for the Police arrival.

I will give you an anecdote that happened to me about 20 years when I was in a pub and a man and a woman were having a heated argument at the bar which then turned to violence with the guy beating the woman to the floor. Much to my wife’s chagrin I got up and went to try and pull the bloke off before he killed her but he turned on me and started punching so I hit him back, the next moment the woman was on my back gouging my cheeks with her nails and biting my shoulder. They left hand in hand; I was left in A&E for a tetanus shot.

Would I do it again, yes
    Cheers

Steve

Asking the questions everbody wants the answers too but feels too stupid to ask themselves :-)