Thread: Update catchup

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Due to my recent pc crash, on my new pc I successfully reinstalled Office2003 (that came with the original-Version 6.0.6001 SP1 build 6001) My question on updates is how to go about updating to the current service pack stauts..which one should I use...when I go to the update site, I see tons of them. Also, IF I can rescue my pst file from the Acronis tif file, do I just import it? Any special considerations? TYIA.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    You can go to the Microsoft Update website and let it determine what you need. This is by far the easiest approach.
    If you wish, you can download and install SP3 first (no need to install SP2) from Download details: Office 2003 Service Pack 3 (SP3), then visit Microsoft Update to get the updates released after SP3.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    [quote name='Torquemada' post='775598' date='17-May-2009 14:19']Due to my recent pc crash, on my new pc I successfully reinstalled Office2003 (that came with the original-Version 6.0.6001 SP1 build 6001) My question on updates is how to go about updating to the current service pack stauts..which one should I use...when I go to the update site, I see tons of them. Also, IF I can rescue my pst file from the Acronis tif file, do I just import it? Any special considerations? TYIA.[/quote]

With a service pack I always recommend downloading the full service pack not using Microsoft upate to install it. I've had much better luck with Office and other products using the full download. You should burn it to a CD after the download. Then you have it on hand and don't have to download it if you ever need it again.

Joe
    Joe