Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Here's two videos about some folks who adopted and cared for a couple of orphaned baby squirrels, finally releasing them to a house in a tree.

Baby Squirrel Being Fed From a Bottle

Release of baby squirrels is here!

Thanks
    [quote name='Bigaldoc' post='775634' date='17-May-2009 23:59'][/quote]
    Hah - I'll meet your two squirrels and raise you twelve ducklings....

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    [/quote]
    Wow, that's absolutely precious! Just goes to show ya that there are caring people in this world in spite of all the negative! What adds to it is all those people GUIDING the family to the river just like herding sheep or cattle. (Of course we all know that you can't "herd" cats!)

Thanks for that...

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='Bigaldoc' post='775959' date='19-May-2009 20:16']Of course we all know that you can't "herd" cats![/quote]What! Don't think I agree - it's as easy to herd a cat, as it is to get them to take a pill! [seriouslyscratchedbodysmilie]

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='Bowlie' post='775968' date='19-May-2009 15:46']What! Don't think I agree - it's as easy to herd a cat, as it is to get them to take a pill! [seriouslyscratchedbodysmilie] [/quote]
    That's easy for you to say! When my kitty swallowed a 48" cord a few weeks ago and we didn't know that yet, the vet thought she had stomach uncers and so gave me THREE pills to give her! I almost got ripped apart trying to give her one, let alone three. I had to take her back and put her in their "pet hospital" for several days so the experts could get the pills into her. She's fine now.

Thanks
    [quote name='Bigaldoc' post='775990' date='19-May-2009 18:04']I almost got ripped apart trying to give her one, let alone three.[/quote]
    Here's a step-by-step instruction manual Al!
    John
    A Child's Mind, Once Stretched by Imagination...
    Never Regains Its Original Dimensions

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='Bigaldoc' post='775990' date='19-May-2009 22:04']That's easy for you to say![/quote]Obviously not - It was an attempt at irony. Easy to heard cats? NOT, Easy to give pill to cat? NOT

Thanks
    [quote name='Bowlie' post='776032' date='20-May-2009 06:58']Obviously not - It was an attempt at irony. Easy to heard cats? NOT, Easy to give pill to cat? NOT[/quote]
    You are so right. It's very quiet here, and I haven't heard a cat for ages.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='Bowlie' post='776032' date='20-May-2009 01:58']... It was an attempt at irony ...[/quote]
    Oh, I knew that. Mine was too - I said SHE'S fine, but my bites and scratches are scabbed over and (thankfully) healing!

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='Bigaldoc' post='775990' date='20-May-2009 00:04']I almost got ripped apart trying to give her one, let alone three.[/quote]
    Perhaps if you could train the cat to jump into a downspout/downpipe or something, like this one does with boxes (YouTube), then perhaps it wouldn't be equivalent with home destruction etc. etc. to give it a pill.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='Bigaldoc' post='775959' date='19-May-2009 15:16'](Of course we all know that you can't "herd" cats!)

Thanks for that...[/quote]

Actually Big Al, It appears that you can herd cats.

Who knew?
    <font face="Comic Sans MS">MickeyMouse</font face=comic>
    How best to describe the Lounge-
    "Coming together is a beginning, staying together is progress, working together is success"

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='Bigaldoc' post='775634' date='17-May-2009 18:59']finally releasing them to a house in a tree.[/quote]

I think they finally got out of the tree. After seeing this we may want to discourage anymore squirrel rescues.
    <font face="Comic Sans MS">MickeyMouse</font face=comic>
    How best to describe the Lounge-
    "Coming together is a beginning, staying together is progress, working together is success"

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Good one. I think that was posted here once but I had forgotten about it. When my girl was at the vet's I told the staff about some You Tube cute cat / printer clips. When I take her back on Friday for her shots I'll have to tell them about this one too.

Thanks
    [quote name='Rebel' post='775998' date='19-May-2009 18:35']Here's a step-by-step instruction manual Al! [/quote]

Same could apply to trying to clip their nails!
    BOB
    http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/S/flags/USA.gif http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/S/f...sachusetts.gif

Long ago, there was a time when men cursed and beat on the ground with sticks. It was called witchcraft.
    Today it is called golf!

Thanks
    [quote name='Bigaldoc' post='776119' date='20-May-2009 21:54']Good one. I think that was posted here once but I had forgotten about it. When my girl was at the vet's I told the staff about some You Tube cute cat / printer clips. When I take her back on Friday for her shots I'll have to tell them about this one too.[/quote]

An easier way to give a cat a pill is to squeeze it between two pieces of Pounce and fool cat into thinking you gave it a bonus treat at that moment.

It works with mine every time, who is either very stupid, will do anything for a larger than ever Pounce, very eager to please me or very, very stupid.
    Catz

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast