2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I want to use a timeline but without specific dates. Is there a way in the Format or Data Shape area to remove the text that shows up on my milestones?

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    [quote name='bdesilva' post='775700' date='18-May-2009 23:50']I want to use a timeline but without specific dates. Is there a way in the Format or Data Shape area to remove the text that shows up on my milestones?[/quote]
    I don't have Visio 2007 but there will certainly be a way to do this. The quick fix is to set the text for the date to the same colour as the background. Do this by clicking once on the milestone and then click again on the date itself. The selection handles should show you that only the date is selected (sub-selected). Now change the colour of the text to white (or whatever your background colour is).

You can also select a milestone and then redefine the style to set the text colour to white. This seems to hide date and put the milestone text into a solid box which actually looks pretty good in Visio 2003.

The slow way to solve the problem is to edit the shapesheet but this is in the too hard basket for me - you might have more luck/knowledge than me.
    Andrew Lockton, Chrysalis Design, Melbourne Australia

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks. That was sneaky and I like it!

[quote name='Andrew Lockton' post='775803' date='18-May-2009 16:50']I don't have Visio 2007 but there will certainly be a way to do this. The quick fix is to set the text for the date to the same colour as the background. Do this by clicking once on the milestone and then click again on the date itself. The selection handles should show you that only the date is selected (sub-selected). Now change the colour of the text to white (or whatever your background colour is).

You can also select a milestone and then redefine the style to set the text colour to white. This seems to hide date and put the milestone text into a solid box which actually looks pretty good in Visio 2003.

The slow way to solve the problem is to edit the shapesheet but this is in the too hard basket for me - you might have more luck/knowledge than me.[/quote]