Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    Me and these command buttons from the forms toolbar do not get on!!

I need to copy the code from a worksheet module in one w/b to another. Copying the code is easy, but what about the associated button to call it?

There must be an easy way of doing this?

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    It's OK. It seems that I can create a new forms button and change the name in properties to the associated code name. Then a link to the code is created.

I find these forms buttons a pain!!

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks
    Why a pain?

I find them much friendlier to use than the control box buttons. Assign macro and they work. And your macro can be shared by many buttons.
    Jan Karel Pieterse
    Microsoft Excel MVP, WMVP
    www.jkp-ads.com
    Professional Office Developers Association

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    Me and these command buttons from the forms toolbar do not get on!!

[quote name='pieterse' post='775835' date='19-May-2009 08:10']Why a pain?

I find them much friendlier to use than the control box buttons. Assign macro and they work. And your macro can be shared by many buttons.[/quote]

Me being stupid again!!! I was talking about the "CONTROL TOOLBOX", not the Forms toolbar. [stupidme]

I am in complete agreement. I always use the forms toolbar for my buttons, and then assign macros accordingly. But I have inherited quite a lot of code that is attached to control box buttons, I find these very unfriendly and a complete pain in the ____! The whole Design mode thingy drives me up the wall.

Maybe someone might chime in with advice / tips / and any benefits of these?? They must have a purpose?

Thanks
    The control toolbox has more control to them (changing font, color, etc) and code can be based on triggering of several events with the object

The problems you have requiring the "design mode" also makes them a little more "foolproof" than the forms items from inadvertent deleting and other user-induced problems

Steve

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks Steve. I think I need to spend a little time learning more here, but that's for another day!

Thanks
    There is a continuum of ease of use and the amount of customization. The more customizable the less easy they are to use.

For these type of pulldowns you have:
    Data-Validation, Forms, Control toolbox

The forms are the intermediate between the simple and the customizable. The form items are also useful as they can be added to charts to make the chart more interactive.

It all depends on what features you need, which items you choose to use. For the most part, all have their pros and cons...

Steve