3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi -
    Like the new layour -
    Need to know the setting for making the full screen the default for all clicks.
    Thanks
    raygee@dslextreme

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    You ask about "the setting for making the full screen the default for all clicks" - is this in the Lounge, or in general?
    And what exactly do you mean by that?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='rabee' post='775767' date='18-May-2009 15:35']Need to know the setting for making the full screen the default for all clicks.[/quote]
    Are you talking about The Lounge or all web browsing? I think the setting for full screen (maximized) is a function of your browser and not The Lounge or the web in general. If you maximize your browser window it should stay that way unless you change it.

Do we need more info?

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='Bigaldoc' post='775778' date='18-May-2009 21:01']... If you maximize your browser window it should stay that way unless you change it.[/quote]

Except that Internet Explorer usually doesn't remember the full screen setting, but if you drag the window until it covers the screen, it'll remember that...
    John (Unreconstructed Jacobite)

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='jonWallace' post='775860' date='19-May-2009 06:51']Except that Internet Explorer usually doesn't remember the full screen setting, but if you drag the window until it covers the screen, it'll remember that...[/quote]
    Hmmm, that's strange - I run IE quite often (although Fx is my primary) and have had IE maximized for a long time and not had to do that manual method you describe. I'm still on IE7 here in XP so I'll pop over now to IE8 in Vista or Win7 RC and see what goes on there...

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='Bigaldoc' post='775861' date='19-May-2009 11:56']Hmmm, that's strange - I run IE quite often (although Fx is my primary) and have had IE maximized for a long time and not had to do that manual method you describe. I'm still on IE7 here in XP so I'll pop over now to IE8 in Vista or Win7 RC and see what goes on there...[/quote]

No, I've had this problem since IE3. Hit the middle (maximise) widget, IE fills screen. Close it down and it's whatever size it was before you started (it's most obvious if it only fills half screen to start with). If you drag the window about until it fits the screen, using the title bar and drag bit at bottom right, it remembers that.

The first thing I do if I sit at a different PC is resize the screen manually in IE.
    John (Unreconstructed Jacobite)

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    I'm going to move this thread to the browsers forum while we wait for RAYBEE to come back and/or other Loungers to comment.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='rabee' post='775767' date='18-May-2009 21:35']Need to know the setting for making the full screen the default for all clicks.[/quote]
    Isn't there a trick to hold Ctrl while closing the maximised window (maximised by using the Maximise button) with the Close button (X, upper-right corner in Title bar) and it will then be remembered (until IE gets amnesia again, since it seems to involve IE more often than other).

As for IE; I don't use IE on a daily basis, I tried this some months ago on another PC and it worked. As usual, when doing it, there should only be one instance of IE; one window open.

And if there is something I don't like that are stretched windows that looks like maximised; if they are going to look like it, they should be it.