2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I have some remains of the Windows Movie Maker on my computer and want to be rid of it.

It does not show up anywhere on my "Add/Remove" programs, nor on my "All Programs". There is a folder \Program Files\"Movie Maker" but when I tried to delete it, the box says "In use by another program" and will not allow me to delete it.

I use Premiere Pro, and often, not always. when I try to capture thru my 1394 card it will open the Movie Maker. I have used the Tools>folder options and deleted the only reference that I found to Movie Maker, but it still comes back.

Any ideas?
    Win 8, Firefox 16.0.2, Thunderbird 15.0.2

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    [quote name='halek2' post='775799' date='18-May-2009 17:23']I have some remains of the Windows Movie Maker on my computer and want to be rid of it.

It does not show up anywhere on my "Add/Remove" programs, nor on my "All Programs". There is a folder \Program Files\"Movie Maker" but when I tried to delete it, the box says "In use by another program" and will not allow me to delete it.

I use Premiere Pro, and often, not always. when I try to capture thru my 1394 card it will open the Movie Maker. I have used the Tools>folder options and deleted the only reference that I found to Movie Maker, but it still comes back.[/quote]

Have you checked your options or preferences in Premier Pro? Usually there is a setting to make a program the default option for the hardware in question. Or there is an autoplay option to always use a particular program.

Joe
    Joe

Thanks
    [quote name='halek2' post='775799' date='18-May-2009 18:23'] I have some remains of the Windows Movie Maker on my computer and want to be rid of it.

Any ideas?[/quote]

There is a little elderly article dated 2005 and updated in 2008, mentioning a method by Mark Russinovich ( formerly of Sysinternals. now Microsoft ) on how to remove MM, using a utility he created called "handle". It's a little involved but there is also a different method mentioned near the bottom of the article.
    I have not tried these, so I can't personally vouch for them but Mark is a respected author of these goodies.

I'd say back up and or Image your system and try it out.
    BOB
    http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/S/flags/USA.gif http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/S/f...sachusetts.gif

Long ago, there was a time when men cursed and beat on the ground with sticks. It was called witchcraft.
    Today it is called golf!