Thanks
    My usual practice is never to log out of the Lounge (why would anyone want to? ).

I have just come back from 10 days in India and found I was logged out and had to log in again. Only a small matter, but does the new style Lounge log us out after a certain amount of inactivity, of was this just some random event?

Ian

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='IanWilson' post='775844' date='19-May-2009 05:43']... Only a small matter, but does the new style Lounge log us out after a certain amount of inactivity, of was this just some random event?[/quote]
    You'll have to wait for one of the Admins to come back to find out the time period, Ian, but from "experience only" I can say that some period of inactivity does cause The Lounge to log us out.

I have a second Lounge account that I use only for testing and it is always logged out when I attempt to use it because I do so very infrequently.

Thanks
    [quote name='Bigaldoc' post='775846' date='19-May-2009 10:52']You'll have to wait for one of the Admins to come back to find out the time period, Ian, but from "experience only" I can say that some period of inactivity does cause The Lounge to log us out.

I have a second Lounge account that I use only for testing and it is always logged out when I attempt to use it because I do so very infrequently.[/quote]
    Thanks, Al. That probably explains it then.

Ian

Thanks
    [quote name='IanWilson' post='775844' date='19-May-2009 10:43']I have just come back from 10 days in India and found I was logged out and had to log in again. Only a small matter, but does the new style Lounge log us out after a certain amount of inactivity, of was this just some random event?[/quote]
    Your cookies expire after seven days for security reasons, so you'll just have to take shorter holidays in future

The official explanation:
    It is advised that a member's log in key (used in cookies for persistent log in) expires weekly if not used. This increases the security of your board by exposing log in data for a week limiting the time frame a hacker would have to use the key if stolen.

Thanks
    [quote name='Leif' post='775851' date='19-May-2009 11:11']Your cookies expire after seven days for security reasons, so you'll just have to take shorter holidays in future

The official explanation:
    It is advised that a member's log in key (used in cookies for persistent log in) expires weekly if not used. This increases the security of your board by exposing log in data for a week limiting the time frame a hacker would have to use the key if stolen.
    [/quote]
    OK thanks for the explanation. Or I could just log in again (or log in while on holiday!)

Ian