Thanks
    I've just helped my wife track down an email she knew she had received but couldn't find. She had tidied up her Inbox, so it only had about 12 items in it, and the message in question was definitely not listed as one of them. We devised suitable search criteria and used Advanced Find, which duly found the message in question - in the Inbox, it said.

Neither before nor after conducting the search could we see the message listed in the Inbox. We right clicked it in the Search results and successfully moved it to another folder where it shows up perfectly well. Why would Find find it when we couldn't see it? (Though she has a lot of other folders of mail items, Inbox itself has no subfolders.)

Ian

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Does your current view have a filter applied? This could account for the behaviour your describe.

Thanks
    [quote name='StuartR' post='775854' date='19-May-2009 11:17']Does your current view have a filter applied? This could account for the behaviour your describe.[/quote]
    I had wondered about that, but wasn't sure how to check it. However, I have now found out where to check that in Outlook 2007, and it says Filter off.

Ian