Lounger
    Thanks
    I am trying to write an If…then…else statement based on a check box entry that looks up the value in another table. This value is then entered into the text box.

If UpgradeBusinessCard is checked (true) then look up the UpgradePrice based on the year in the UpGradePrice_TBL

Both my form (ExhibitorCntrct_Booth subform) and table (UpGradePrice_TBL) have a year field., that I want to match to find the UpgradePrice for that year. (This is something that may change in the future, but I want to be able to track the old rate.)

Private Sub UpgradePrice_GotFocus()
    If Me.UpgradeBusinessCard = True Then
    Me.Year = Form!UpGradePrice_TBL!Year

Me.UpgradePrice = Form!UpGradePrice_TBL!UpgradePrice
    Else: Me.UpgradePrice = 0
    End If

End Sub

This is not working, but I am not getting any error messages either even with my breakPoints set. As you can tell my coding skills are weak, but I am eager to learn. Thank you very much for your assistance.

Delta♠

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    I'm not sure I understand what you want, but can't refer to a table as Form!...
    Try this:

Code:
    	Me.UpgradePrice = DLookup("UpgradePrice", "UpGradePrice_TBL", "Year=" & Me.Year)
      Else
    	Me.UpgradePrice = 0
      End If
    End Sub
    If you click in the word DLookup in the Visual Basic Editor and press F1, you'll get help about the DLookup function.

Lounger
    Thanks

[quote name='HansV' post='775987' date='19-May-2009 16:52']I'm not sure I understand what you want, but can't refer to a table as Form!...
    Try this:

Code:
    	Me.UpgradePrice = DLookup("UpgradePrice", "UpGradePrice_TBL", "Year=" & Me.Year)
      Else
    	Me.UpgradePrice = 0
      End If
    End Sub
    If you click in the word DLookup in the Visual Basic Editor and press F1, you'll get help about the DLookup function.[/quote]

Thank you! This worked perfectly.