Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi,
    I have Microsoft Works preinstalled on my pc. I have a an HP Pavillion a1650e with a 140 gig "c" drive. It takes up 240 megs on the "c" drive. I never use it. I also have Microsoft Office 2000 which I installed myself. Is it safe to delete the Office Works program to save space on my c drive? Also can it be deleted through the add/remove programs?
    Thanks for any help.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    As far as I know, you should be able to uninstall MS Works through the Add or Remove Programs control panel.

You may have to perform a repair install of Office 2000 after uninstalling MS Works because Works and Office share some components.

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='HansV' post='776068' date='20-May-2009 07:44']As far as I know, you should be able to uninstall MS Works through the Add or Remove Programs control panel.

You may have to perform a repair install of Office 2000 after uninstalling MS Works because Works and Office share some components.[/quote]
    If I have word documents on the microsoft word portion of Office 2000 will I lose them if I delete the works program ? And what is the best way to save them

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='schonman' post='776070' date='20-May-2009 13:51']If I have word documents on the microsoft word portion of Office 2000 will I lose them if I delete the works program ? And what is the best way to save them[/quote]
    Documents won't be affected, nor will your personal settings for Word.

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='HansV' post='776071' date='20-May-2009 07:58']Documents won't be affected, nor will your personal settings for Word.[/quote]
    just one more question and I thank you for all your help
    What is a repair install ? I'm not familiar with that? Do I have to reinstall Office 2000? And how do you do a repair if neccassary?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    There are two ways to perform a repair install. The result is the same. You will probably have to insert your Office 2000 CD at some point.

1) From within any Office application, select Help | Detect and Repair.
    2) Activate the Add/Remove Programs control panel, double-click Microsoft Office 2000. The next window should have an option to repair the installation.