2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi,

Probably a very simple problem. I use Category view for Outlook. I prefer to keep a couple of categories expanded, and the rest collapsed - to be expanded only when needed. However, when I've set up the contacts the way I like it, once go to my Inbox or something else, the Contacts view reverts to Expand All once I return to it. I can't seem to figure out how to save the view I had, and I know that I did have it work that way at one time.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

John

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='JFD' post='776321' date='21-May-2009 14:26']Probably a very simple problem. I use Category view for Outlook. I prefer to keep a couple of categories expanded, and the rest collapsed - to be expanded only when needed. However, when I've set up the contacts the way I like it, once go to my Inbox or something else, the Contacts view reverts to Expand All once I return to it. I can't seem to figure out how to save the view I had, and I know that I did have it work that way at one time.[/quote]
    Outlook is not reliable with maintaining Views. Starting at a Category View of Contacts, what you want should be set by going through View | Arrange by | Current View | Customize Current | Group By | and setting the Expand/Collapse Defaults drop-down (bottom right) to "As last viewed". However it will not surprise me if that doesn't fix your problems. You may need to adjust that setting for all Item Views you view by Category.
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Terrific - for my Outlook at least, the "As last viewed" worked. I knew it was buried in there somewhere - thanks very much!