3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Good morning all,

I am experiencing a strange event on a couple of my applications. The clients were on Access XP and have upgraded to Access 2007. Forms that are bound to tables used to fill in automatically in Access XP when an ID was selected from a combo box. This no longer happens. A blank form is displayed. All the data are in the right places and the VB code has not been changed. Any suggestion on what I need to look for. I have about 80 different applications that I support and I feel that I have not seen the end of this. TIA.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    [quote name='BCKessinger' post='776405' date='22-May-2009 04:52'].... I have about 80 different applications that I support and I feel that I have not seen the end of this. TIA.[/quote]I suspect you are correct - unfortunately - to really help we would need to see an example of the case where the combo box fails to properly bind things. Are you using the standard Recordset Clone approach, or are you applying a filter, or are you actually setting the data source using VBA? Also, the first thing I would do is make sure you upgrade to SP2 of Office 2007 - it fixes a number of things, and actually adds some nice new capabilities. Meanwhile, I'm still fighting with toolbars and shortcut menus that don't seem to migrate nicely from 2002/3 to 2007.
    Wendell

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi Wendell, Thanks for the reply. Here is the code of the onClick event after I fill the combo box.
    Private Sub cmd_FindByTrafficInvoice_Click()
    On Error GoTo Err_cmd_FindByTrafficInvoice_Click

Dim stDocName As String
    Dim stlinkcriteria As String

stDocName = "frm_Invoices"

stlinkcriteria = "[InvoiceID]=" & Me![Traffic-InvoiceID]
    DoCmd.OpenForm stDocName, , , stlinkcriteria

Exit_cmd_FindByTrafficInvoice_Click:
    Exit Sub

Err_cmd_FindByTrafficInvoice_Click:
    MsgBox Err.Description
    Resume Exit_cmd_FindByTrafficInvoice_Click

End Sub

Me!Traffic-InvoiceID is the combobox. This is a pretty straight forward approach that I have used many times.

Gold Lounger
    Thanks
    The quickest thing to do is put a breakpoint in code (or use debug.print) to show the value of Me![Traffic-InvoiceID] prior to executing the OpenForm.
    Mark Liquorman
    See my website for Tips & Downloads and for my Liquorman Utilities.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi Mark,

I'm using a search form for this. Did what you suggested and the data is what it is supposed to be; frm_invoices is not getting filled in.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Eureka!! I had to set the Data Entry property of the form to No. It was set to Yes.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    [quote name='BCKessinger' post='776452' date='22-May-2009 09:21']Eureka!! I had to set the Data Entry property of the form to No. It was set to Yes.[/quote]
    Glad you found that - I'm not sure we would have ever thought of suggesting you check that property.
    Wendell