3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi

Is it possible to have a Favorite as a short cut on the desktop.

We have a number of people using a selection of PC but will all use the same web site and I do not want them to all log on and enter the long url, then save it as thie favorite.

I am looking to see if you can have a shareable favorite or a short cut link on the desk top.

Regards

Mike

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='mikeyt' post='776418' date='22-May-2009 14:52']Is it possible to have a Favorite as a short cut on the desktop.
    [snip]
    I am looking to see if you can have a shareable favorite or a short cut link on the desk top.[/quote]
    And the OS is?

In Windows XP, for example, put the link in: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Desktop

and it will appear on the Desktop for all users.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='Argus' post='776423' date='22-May-2009 14:19']And the OS is?

In Windows XP, for example, put the link in: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Desktop

and it will appear on the Desktop for all users.[/quote]

The OS is XP. I tried your suggestion but it did not work, my guess is taht I have done something wrong.

The steps I did are as follows

Logged on to the PC with my user ID
    Opened IE 7
    Entered the url for the application
    Once application loaded I saved as a favorite
    Closed IE 7
    Opened Windows Explorer
    Moved short cut from my user favorites to c:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Desktop
    Icon appears on desktop
    Click Icon and it works
    Log off PC
    New User logs on PC
    Icon still on the desktop but the Icon image is the default windows image
    Click Icon and get a error, it says that the target url is incorrect.

So what have I missed.

Many thanks

Mike

Thanks
    [quote name='mikeyt' post='776433' date='22-May-2009 07:01']...
    Moved short cut from my user favorites to c:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Desktop
    ...[/quote]
    Sometimes dragging a shortcut creates a shortcut to the shortcut, which could create the problem you describe. If you right-click-drag the shortcut to the desktop, does it let you create a copy there?

Here's an alternate method. Open Windows Explorer to the desired target folder, position IE to the side, load the page, then drag the site's favicon from the IE address bar to the target folder and release to drop a shortcut there. Does that work any better?

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='jscher2000' post='776533' date='23-May-2009 01:36']Sometimes dragging a shortcut creates a shortcut to the shortcut, which could create the problem you describe. If you right-click-drag the shortcut to the desktop, does it let you create a copy there?

Here's an alternate method. Open Windows Explorer to the desired target folder, position IE to the side, load the page, then drag the site's favicon from the IE address bar to the target folder and release to drop a shortcut there. Does that work any better?[/quote]

Hi

Thanks, the last approach seems to have worked.

Regards

Mike