2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hello,
    I am trying to use my Tab key with the Roman Numeral numbering and it is not working the way I think it should in Word 2003. When I try to create a second level with the Tab key it just tabs over twice without indenting and creating the a. for the second level. This is what I want it to do

I. Item 1
    a. Sub Item 1

This is what it is doing

I. Item 1
    II. Sub Item 2

Thanks for any assistance!!
    MOState

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Select Tools | AutoCorrect Options...
    Activate the AutoFormat As You Type tab.
    Make sure that the check box "Set Left- And First Indent With Tabs And Backspaces" is ticked.
    Click OK.

Thanks
    [quote name='MOSTATE' post='776481' date='22-May-2009 11:03']I am trying to use my Tab key with the Roman Numeral numbering and it is not working the way I think it should in Word 2003. When I try to create a second level with the Tab key it just tabs over twice without indenting and creating the a. for the second level.[/quote]
    If you are working in Normal or Print Layout view, try working in Outline view. It is much better at handling automatic numbering than the other two views. After creating your levels in Outline view, return to one of the other views and tweak the styles until they appear to your liking.