3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Oops! I posted this to the wrong forum! How can I move it?????

I love a challenge as much as the next guy but... this is killing me.
    The attached workbook is one stripped down sheet of a large multi sheet workbook that is still exhibiting the same problem as the original: an extra page is printed when some columns are hidden.
    The sheet contains: a set of heading columns (A, B, and C), 10 groups of 5 columns each, and a set of summary columns at the end.
    When no columns are hidden and the sheet is printed, columns A, B, and C repeat for each page. Pages 1 through 3 contain the heading columns and 3 groups' columns, page 4 contains the heading columns, the last group's columns, and the summary columns.
    If I hide the columns for groups 7 through 10 I should get 3 pages. Instead I'm getting 4. It appears as if the heading columns are printing for page 3 even though the columns for groups 7, 8, and 9 are (correctly) not printing for that page.
    I've been narrowing this down for hours and I can finally say it is caused by something in the first row. The attached workbook has the columns for groups 7 to 10 hidden. If you print preview you will see 4 pages. Close print preview, delete row 1, print preview and you will see the correct 3 pages.
    Any ideas?
    There were a great many things in the original that I thought might be contributors but I believe I have stripped them all out of this version. I created a new workbook from scratch and just created the columns the same widths and mirrored the page set up and the problem does not happen in that version. So it must be something I haven't looked at!
    I'd sure appreciate any suggestions.
    Thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    I've moved the topic to the Excel forum (you cannot do that yourself).

I guess that the sheet has become corrupt in some way - I cannot find any setting that is wrong, but if I copy the used columns to a new worksheet, the problem disappears. So it's best to replace the sheet, if at all possible.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks Hans. Thanks for moving it and thanks for the advice. I've seen Word documents get corrupted but this is the first time I can recall having an Excel workbook that got corrupted.
    Thanks