Thread: Media

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I am interested in buying a vhs to dvd software. system requires Directx 9 and Media Player 10. My operating system is Vista (32Bit). I can find Media Player in my system, but unable to get to "settings" as outlined on page 516 of Windows Vista for Dummies. Also, how do I find out what version of Directx, if any is on my computer and how to prepare my machine for any downloads that may be required:

I am a novice when downloadings, so I would appreciate any helpful hints.

Tildon

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    [quote name='Tildon' post='776539' date='22-May-2009 19:59']I am interested in buying a vhs to dvd software. system requires Directx 9 and Media Player 10. My operating system is Vista (32Bit). I can find Media Player in my system, but unable to get to "settings" as outlined on page 516 of Windows Vista for Dummies. Also, how do I find out what version of Directx, if any is on my computer and how to prepare my machine for any downloads that may be required:[/quote]

Vista shipped with DirectX 10 & Media Player 11. You can verify that by running C:\Windows\system32\dxdiag.exe. On the System tab near the bottom is the DirectX version.

It reads as though the software is for Windows XP. You should verify with the vendor that it will actually run under Vista.

Joe
    Joe