Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hello,

Vista Home Premium X64

Firefox latest version

I'm having a problem with one of my e-mail accounts (I have three free accounts, two work fine)
    When I login to my main e_mail account using Firefox it opens OK, shows I have several messages, but I can't select any of
    the messages to open them or do any other operation like delete, reply, nothing.

The other two accounts work normally.

If I open Internet Explorer any go to Yahoo e-mail, the account works fine.

Any Ideas???

Thanks,

JohnSo

Thanks
    [quote name='JohnSo' post='776597' date='23-May-2009 09:51']I'm having a problem with one of my e-mail accounts (I have three free accounts, two work fine)
    When I login to my main e_mail account using Firefox it opens OK, shows I have several messages, but I can't select any of
    the messages to open them or do any other operation like delete, reply, nothing.[/quote]
    Some things to try:

(1) Try clearing your Firefox cache and deleting your saved Yahoo! cookies.

Cache: Tools > Clear Private Data (uncheck everything except cache)

Cookies: Tools > Options..., Privacy section, "Show Cookies" -- carefully remove the Yahoo cookies individually, do NOT click remove "all" unless you really want to remove all your cookies (there is no undo for this dialog)

(2) If you use NoScript, check whether the third account is hosted on a domain that is not allowed for scripting.

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='jscher2000' post='777096' date='27-May-2009 00:55']Some things to try:

(1) Try clearing your Firefox cache and deleting your saved Yahoo! cookies.

Cache: Tools > Clear Private Data (uncheck everything except cache)

Cookies: Tools > Options..., Privacy section, "Show Cookies" -- carefully remove the Yahoo cookies individually, do NOT click remove "all" unless you really want to remove all your cookies (there is no undo for this dialog)

(2) If you use NoScript, check whether the third account is hosted on a domain that is not allowed for scripting.[/quote]

My problem has grown.
    Using Internet Explorer I can get to and do anything with my three e-mail accounts,(two yahoo and one gmail) all is well.

When I try to get to any of my e-mail accounts using Firefox problems start.
    I can log in to any account, open the normal window to any account. The window opens, shows all my messages, looks OK.
    I can't select any of my messages and can't do anything within the main window. Can't read, delete, move etc.
    I can't even log out.
    If I hit the back arrow, it takes me to the first "my.yahoo window".
    In that window I can do things normally. I can log off, read news etc.

I've tried all suggestions, deleted cookies etc.
    Run antivirus, malware, spybot programs and my system seems clean.
    This is driving me nuts!!!!
    I'm wondering that maybe I should totally unininstall Firefox using Revo and try reinstalling Firefox.

Does anyone think this will work or any are there any other suggestions?

Thanks.

John So

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='JohnSo' post='785043' date='17-Jul-2009 06:23'][/quote]
    Are you using the enhanced (or whatever it's called) view or did you switch to "Mail Classic" by clicking the selection shown here:

[attachment=84732:2009_07_17_063333.png]

I had a problem when I was helping someone locally. I switched to the Classic view and couldn't do ANYTHING. All I got was an hourglass that wouldn't stop. I don't know if it's a problem at Yahoo or with Firefox. It took me a long time to find the click to get back to this view.

By the way, are you running a current version of Fx? I didn't use Yahoo mail in older versions, so I don't know if there's any history of problems.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks
    To rule out a settings or extension problem, try creating a new "clean" Firefox profile: Creating a new Firefox profile on Windows @ MozillaZine Knowledge Base. It will look "factory fresh" except that it will pick up the plugins installed on your machine.

If that profile works, and the cure isn't obvious, you can move your bookmarks and (selectively) your other settings to the new profile: Transferring data to a new profile - Firefox @ MozillaZine Knowledge Base.

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='jscher2000' post='785125' date='17-Jul-2009 19:38']To rule out a settings or extension problem, try creating a new "clean" Firefox profile: Creating a new Firefox profile on Windows @ MozillaZine Knowledge Base. It will look "factory fresh" except that it will pick up the plugins installed on your machine.

If that profile works, and the cure isn't obvious, you can move your bookmarks and (selectively) your other settings to the new profile: Transferring data to a new profile - Firefox @ MozillaZine Knowledge Base.[/quote]

I set up a new profile and that took of the problems.

Thanks much,

JohnSo