2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi,
    Just run Shavlik and found a missing patch on my pc - windows Internet Printing Service KB953155 - update Oct 2008.
    I am a home user windows xp sp2 and would like to know if I should install this patch. I don't recall unchecking the box not to download and install any of the patches from microsoft at that time.
    Any advice appreciated. Thanks

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    I always install ALL updates from Microsoft and I don't have this update either (I'm using Windows XP Home SP3), so I assume that this update is included in another one that was offered by Automatic Updates or by Microsoft Update.
    I guess it won't hurt to install this update, but it probably won't add anything new.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks Hans but when I do a Microsoft and Securia check for updates this patch does not show as missing on my pc. Windows Secrets newsletter advised not to install sp3 just yet (Sept 2008), and I am waiting for the go ahead.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Microsoft Update and Secunia don't tell me that this patch is missing either. Since they don't, it's probably not necessary to install it - I'd give it a miss.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Windows XP SP3 has been out for more than a year now; it has been installed on my home PC and on hundreds of PCs at the place where I work without any problems.