Super Moderator
    Thanks
    I have just noticed that the subform/subreport wizard allows you to put a form in a report, but not to put a report in a form.
    Is there any way around this?

I would like to display a preview of an Mailing Label within a form that has contact details for a person.
    I have a job where a lot of data is being imported from various Excel spreadsheets, and the data is full of inconsistencies etc. My attempts to get the client to 'clean' the data within Excel have not been very successful, so my next strategy is to import into a temporary database and do the cleaning there.
    I thought a preview of an Address Label might help. I can nearly get what I want, but blank lines are not suppressed.

[attachment=83930:addressblock.gif]
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Regards
    John

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    When a report is previewed, it is formatted as if it's going to be printed. This wouldn't make sense if you embedded the report in a form, so it is not possible to use a report as a subform.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanks. that is what I expected.
    Regards
    John

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Note however that you can make a form "look" like a report, so your client will think they are looking at a sample mailing label. To do that you can either use a simple text box sized to a mailing label size, or you can put it on a subform. As to the issue of blank lines, you can create an expression that will have the same effect. For example:

[PersonName] & vbCR & vbLF & iif(isnull([StreetAddress1]),null,[StreetAddress1] & vbCR & vbLF) & iif(isnull([StreetAddress2]),Null,[StreetAddress2] & vbCR & vbLF) & [CityName] & ", " & [StateName] & " " & [PostCode]

You could create the expression as the data property of the text box control, but I would probably put it into the query that serves as the data source for the form. And I would lock the control so the user doesn't try to edit the data there.

(BTW, I've never been to Bendigo, but my wife has - I had to work while she played.)
    Wendell

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanks for the suggestion.
    My query already organised the data by line so this expression pulled it all together:

=[line1] & ((Chr(13) & Chr(10))+[Line2]) & ((Chr(13) & Chr(10))+[Line3]) & ((Chr(13) & Chr(10))+[Line4]) & ((Chr(13) & Chr(10))+[Line5]) & ((Chr(13) & Chr(10))+[Line6]) & ((Chr(13) & Chr(10))+[Line7])

The + signs mean that blank lines are suppressed.

This job is based in Bendigo, which is about an hour up the road from me.
    Regards
    John