2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hello,
    I have just read Woody's post that SP2 for Vista is imminent. One of the technet articles he mentions says that one of the recent Windows Updates, KB955430 is a required update prior to installing SP2.
    I have received this update, but hid it because I read that some people were having problems rebooting after installing this update.
    Should I do this now?
    Also, in looking at all the other updates I have hidden, some of them going back to July 08, I am wondering if I should reveiw these and possibly install them prior to SP2 coming to Windows Update in June.
    Having said that, my computer is operating just fine without them, so....

Any advice would be welcome
    Thanks

[attachment=83941:Capture.JPG]

PS. I don't want IE8 just yet.. I use Firefox, and have IE 7 updated if I need it..

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    [quote name='Peppurr101' post='776741' date='24-May-2009 16:54']I have just read Woody's post that SP2 for Vista is imminent. One of the technet articles he mentions says that one of the recent Windows Updates, KB955430 is a required update prior to installing SP2.
    I have received this update, but hid it because I read that some people were having problems rebooting after installing this update.
    Should I do this now?
    Also, in looking at all the other updates I have hidden, some of them going back to July 08, I am wondering if I should reveiw these and possibly install them prior to SP2 coming to Windows Update in June.[/quote]

I'd install it now. If you are planning on installing SP-2 you have to have it.

Also, I do not hide any updates for Vista. I install them within a day or two of being available via Windows Update.

Joe
    Joe