5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I've finally moved from using Access 97 to Access 2000. With Access 97 I had a add-on that implemented the ability to add or remove comment marks to/from the beginning of all the lines of code in a selected section. I have had the impression that Access 2000 has this same capability built-in but I haven't been able to find it. Does Access 2000 have this cability? If so where is it?

Thanks,
    Bill

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Activate the Visual Basic Editor.
    Select View | Toolbars | Edit or right-click the menu bar and select Edit (if it isn't already).
    The Edit toolbar should contain Comment Block and Uncomment Block buttons.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='HansV' post='776905' date='26-May-2009 09:55']Activate the Visual Basic Editor.
    Select View | Toolbars | Edit or right-click the menu bar and select Edit (if it isn't already).
    The Edit toolbar should contain Comment Block and Uncomment Block buttons.[/quote]
    Never knew about that. A very handy feature indeed.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='HansV' post='776905' date='25-May-2009 17:55']Activate the Visual Basic Editor.
    The Edit toolbar should contain Comment Block and Uncomment Block buttons.[/quote]
    That works! I didn't think to look to see if there was a toolbar that I did not have visible.

Thanks, Bill

Gold Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='BillWilson' post='776903' date='25-May-2009 17:46']I've finally moved from using Access 97 to Access 2000.[/quote]

Just out of curiousity, if you are finally moving from Access97, why are you moving to Access2000? Why not jump at least to Access2003?
    Mark Liquorman
    See my website for Tips & Downloads and for my Liquorman Utilities.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='MarkLiquorman' post='777000' date='26-May-2009 09:15']Just out of curiousity, if you are finally moving from Access97, why are you moving to Access2000? Why not jump at least to Access2003?[/quote]
    That's a good question Mark! I bought Office 2000 back when it first came out but the database I was supporting was in Access 97 and most of my clients had Office 97. One or two had moved on to Office 2000 and I supplied them with a converted copy of the database when needed but I kept on developing in Access 97. My database was gradually replaced by bigger commercial databases by each client over the years until the last one gave up my database about 3 years ago and I gave up actively programming in Access. Some months ago I decided to create a database for myself to help me keep track of which books I've read. I started that in Access 97 but a couple of months ago, after not working on the database for quite a while, I had to re-install Vista and everything else on my PC. At that point I decided to eliminate the bothersome conflicts I had been having between the versions of Access, so I didn't install any of Office 97. So, now I'm completely in Office 2000. I know it is old but all the newer versions of Office are very expensive if you get a package that includes Access so I'm sticking with Office 2000 for now.

Bill