5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Morning all

Because so many of my presentations get ripped of I have taken to using the 'Save As JPEG' function and then importing the pictures back into a new slide using the 'Insert Picture, New Photo Album' feature and use the 1 picture to 1 page option.

I have 1 odd slide that has 28 pages in portrait but even if I start with a new slide in portrait when I insert the photo album it changes it to landscape and I canot see any way to stop it.

Any ideas please?

PS. I know that people can still print the slides out etc. but if they want to use them as there own they have to retype everything and find their own graphics etc.
    Cheers

Steve

Asking the questions everbody wants the answers too but feels too stupid to ask themselves :-)

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Insert | Picture | New Photo Album... always creates a new presentation that is independent of whichever presentation was open when you select New Photo Album. If you want the new photo album to start in portrait mode, you have to select an existing template (.pot) or presentation (.ppt) that has been set up in portrait mode as design template in the dialog.
    [attachment=83967:x.png]
    When you add a picture to an existing photo album (Format | Photo Album..., select a picture, Update), page setup should not be affected.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: png x.png (3.7 KB, 0 views)

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi Hans

Thanks for the prompt response. I have already created a .POT file called stripes that is in portrait mode and under normal circumstances can open it and make new .ppt files with the striped design that I want.

When I follow your instructions above it lets me select the stripes.pot and then creates the album in landscape?
    Cheers

Steve

Asking the questions everbody wants the answers too but feels too stupid to ask themselves :-)

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Oops, you're entirely correct. Apparently PowerPoint forces a photo album to be in landscape mode, regardless of the setting in the design template.
    I fear that changing the page orientation manually (or through a macro) is the only solution.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks Hans

Though I was going mad there for a minute. I have used a more laborious but then again a more effective method of right clicking and saving each JPEG as a background.

Thanks again
    Cheers

Steve

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='stevehocking' post='777012' date='26-May-2009 14:22']Thanks Hans

Though I was going mad there for a minute. I have used a more laborious but then again a more effective method of right clicking and saving each JPEG as a background.

Thanks again[/quote]

Hi Steve

You can do this with a macro

There are examples here. You will need to comment IN one of the two commented out sections.
    Sample Code