Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Evening all

This is a video clip of Fred Bowers, a 73 year old, break dancing on Britains Got Talent, whilst I appreciate his efforts the people that he has beaten to get to Saturday's final must be gutted!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdUCkpzohHU

In the news today they have said that Fred claims disability allowance
    Cheers

Steve

Asking the questions everbody wants the answers too but feels too stupid to ask themselves :-)

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    Ahem......

This clip is from the auditions, he may be in the semi-finals (I'm not sure), but he is not in the final.

So far Susan Boyle (singer) and Diversity (Dance act) from SF1. Flawless (Dance act) and Shaun Smith (singer) from SF2. There are 3 further semi finals, tonight, Thursday and Friday, where 2 acts will reach the final each night, leaving 10 acts for Saturday's final.

I feel sorry for the winners of SF5 on Friday, as they have very little time to prepare for Saturday's final.

But then IMHO, I think this is a one horse race.

Thanks
    [quote name='VegasNath' post='777037' date='26-May-2009 18:25']But then IMHO, I think this is a one horse race.[/quote]
    I think that is very unkind!
    BATcher

Time prevents everything happening all at once...

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='BATcher' post='777038' date='26-May-2009 19:07']I think that is very unkind![/quote]

?? Why? It was not meant to be. There have been some great acts this year, a lot of variety, as well as a lot of trash. There is one act that far outshines any of the others IMHO. There will be some great acts in the final, but I think it's won already.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='VegasNath' post='777041' date='26-May-2009 19:14']?? Why? It was not meant to be. There have been some great acts this year, a lot of variety, as well as a lot of trash. There is one act that far outshines any of the others IMHO. There will be some great acts in the final, but I think it's won already.[/quote]

Hi Nathan

I did not see last nights semi so did the stupid thing and reported hearsay instead of act. I was really upset that the young kid ??? Gafney on the drums did not get through, his enthusiasm was amazing.

Knowing John's dour senseof humour I suspect his remark about being unkind might have been to do with the 'horse' reference after all of the other things she has been dubbed like hairy angel etc.
    Cheers

Steve

Asking the questions everbody wants the answers too but feels too stupid to ask themselves :-)

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    aaaaaaahh, I see. No, I would never be so cruel. I just don't see how any other act can win, which I suppose kind of makes a mockery of the whole competition. But then, bizzare things could happen! I think SB is fantastic, and only a travesty will stop her winning.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='VegasNath' post='777043' date='26-May-2009 14:43']aaaaaaahh, I see. No, I would never be so cruel.[/quote]
    I agree with your assessment, Nathan, and I took your "expression" in the manner in which I think you meant it. "One horse race" is a very popular saying here, meaning a star who "shines" above all others.

One way or the other, whether she wins or not (which I think she will do), her popularity will surely yield "job offers" somewhere in the entertainment field. She's got, in addition to her powerful voice, a good, friendly, bubbly personality that should bode well for her. After all, many of the best singers in the world have not been beauty queens and I could name a few...

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='Bigaldoc' post='777054' date='26-May-2009 15:57']One way or the other, whether she wins or not (which I think she will do), her popularity will surely yield "job offers" somewhere in the entertainment field.[/quote]

There are rumors circulating that she has a an offer from Andrew Lloyd Webber as well as an offer for a duet with the the woman she indicated was her inspiration. Not to mention that Piers has mentioned many times that he thinks that Simon has many plans for her.

I really like her and think she has an amazing voice. I did think that her first performance was better than this last one. She seemed a bit tense at the beginning. She finished very strong though.
    <font face="Comic Sans MS">MickeyMouse</font face=comic>
    How best to describe the Lounge-
    "Coming together is a beginning, staying together is progress, working together is success"

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks
    This may not be popular with some here, but I am glad that Diversity won. Well done to Susan Boyle for coming second but I think the right act won.

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    Well, I am in shock!

There were 10 acts in the final, and in fairness, it was a much better final than I thought it would be. The majority of the acts delivered great performances. Susan delivered (IMO) quite a restrained "I dreamed a dream", not on the level of her original audition. To me, she did not look well, unhappy almost.

The 10 were narrowed down to 3, Susan, Diversity (Dance act), and Julian Smith (Saxaphone). Diversity won, with Susan finishing in second place, and very gracious in defeat.

I am amazed that Susan did not win, not because I think she was the best tonight (IMO she was not), but because she has attracted such a massive worldwide following and I thought that she would win based on that, regardless of the fact that the performance was not as great as it might have been.

All that aside, I suppose it comes down to people voting, and historically that can produce strange results.

Congratulations to Diversity , they were good tonight, though they would not have made my top 5.

All on You Tube, no doubt.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    On this side of the pond, we're not fortunate enough to know what went on with the show (yet).

Anyone got a link where we can catch up on the performances?

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks
    <span title="Spoiler: Highlight to reveal" style='color:#000000;background:#000000;padding:0p x 0.2em;'>[color=#666;margin-right: 0.2em]SPOILER:[/color]Diversity won and Susan Boyle came second</span>
    Jerry

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='VegasNath' post='777622' date='30-May-2009 17:40']Here you go Al.[/quote]
    THANK YOU Nathan! That's exactly what I was looking for on the web. I viewed both Susan and the winners and that WAS a very difficult call to make. They were BOTH excellent performances and I have tears in my eyes as I write this for both of them.

We need more of this kind of thing and I hope that both the kids in Diversity AND Susan Boyle go on to bigger and better things. They both deserve it.

Thanks again...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast