Lounger
    Thanks
    Hello,

I am involved in reviewing the documents of different products.

I am maintaing the sheets, by filling in the total hours spent on each document.

At the end of month, I need to collate the data in the excel sheet.

Is it possible to calculate total number of hours spent on each project/product?

Any suggestion would be of great help........

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Could you give us an idea of what your workbook looks like? Perhaps you could post a small workbook with some dummy data.

Lounger
    Thanks
    yes, please find attached the "list_of_effort_sheet'.

I need to calculate the productivity, product wise and document wise, i.e. how much i spent on each document and the total time spent on all the product's documents.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    I'd use a pivot table for this.

In the attached version of the workbook, I selected the data range, then selected Data | PivotTable and PivotChart report...
    I clicked Next twice, then Layout...
    I dragged Product Name to the Row area, Document Name to the Column Area and Actual Hours to the Data area. The latter was placed there as Count of Actual Hours.
    I double-clicked Count of Actual Hours and changed the "Summarize by" function to Sum, then clicked OK twice.
    I clicked Finish to create the pivot table.
    I clicked the little dropdown to the right of Document Name in the pivot table and cleared the check box for (blank), then clicked OK. This hides the entries for the blank rows in the data table.

The pivot table won't update itself automatically. If the source data have changed, click the "Refresh Data" button on the Pivot Table toolbar.
    Attached Files Attached Files