Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Some of the smileys from the "old" Lounge have been made directly available (without having to use [img]...[/img] tags:

:bananas:
    :cheers:
    :clapping:
    :coffeetime:
    :crossfingers:
    :evilgrin:

Also see the next post in this topic. Enjoy!

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    The other new "old" smileys:

:fanfare:
    :flee:
    :innocent:
    :lol:
    :thewave:
    :whisper:

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='HansV' post='777261' date='28-May-2009 02:01']Some of the smileys from the "old" Lounge have been made directly available (without having to use [img[]...[/img] tags:

:cheers:
    :clapping:
    :coffeetime:
    :crossfingers:
    :evilgrin:

Also see the next post in this topic. Enjoy![/quote]

for including I definitely couldn't live without it!
    PS: It took me a few minutes to realize that I had to click the "smilie" drop down list and then click on "show all" to be able to see the new additions but hey! it works great and I appreciate the new additions!

"Peace begins with a smile. "-- Mother Teresa

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='DaveA' post='777355' date='28-May-2009 21:46'][/quote]

Thanks
    [quote name='HansV' post='777261' date='28-May-2009 07:01']Some of the smileys from the "old" Lounge have been made directly available (without having to use [img[]...[/img] tags:
    [snip][/quote]
    Is there any chance of makeing available all the decent ones from the old Lounge collection?

And of making the invocation sequence for all smilies to be consistent (in the :someword: format)?
    This would avoid the problem that Chris has greaved about previously, where ; ) gets interpreted as , and so on. This would involve renaming many of the smilies supplied with the BBS.

Oh, and while you're at it how about listing them in alphabetical order?!

Thanks!
    BATcher

Time prevents everything happening all at once...

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='BATcher' post='777408' date='29-May-2009 00:12']Is there any chance of makeing available all the decent ones from the old Lounge collection?

And of making the invocation sequence for all smilies to be consistent (in the :someword: format)?
    This would avoid the problem that Chris has greaved about previously, where ; ) gets interpreted as , and so on. This would involve renaming many of the smilies supplied with the BBS.

Oh, and while you're at it how about listing them in alphabetical order?!

Thanks![/quote]
    Hi BATcher.

Getting all the smilies back is unlikely, I'm sorry to say. There's been some discussion about that already and it should be a while until the subject comes back up again.

I don't see why reorganizing them would be a big problem (alphabetically? how about by usage?) but renaming would be. Since the form software (IPB) only allows one "name" for each emoticon I'd think that the people used to typing colon-parenthesis and colon-oh and such would be surprised that it didn't work. Emoticons like those are practically traditional in forum software.

I'll talk to the Higher Ups and see what they say.

Thanks
    The one I miss is the hair-pulling one - since I end up feeling like that so often!

Ian

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='IanWilson' post='777446' date='29-May-2009 09:45']The one I miss is the hair-pulling one - since I end up feeling like that so often![/quote]

Is this the one:

If so, you could always bookmark it...

Thanks
    [quote name='Bigaldoc' post='777448' date='29-May-2009 15:05']Is this the one:

If so, you could always bookmark it...[/quote]
    That's the one. And with quite a lot of I seem to have got my computer back into the land of the living again. Now I just have to do quite a lot of software installing, and I know the best place to come for help if I get stuck!

Ian

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='IanWilson' post='777459' date='29-May-2009 11:29']That's the one. And with quite a lot of I seem to have got my computer back into the land of the living again. Now I just have to do quite a lot of software installing, and I know the best place to come for help if I get stuck![/quote]
    Good luck with it, Ian!!!

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='DamianWadley' post='777415' date='29-May-2009 02:08']I'll talk to the Higher Ups and see what they say.[/quote]
    Results are in:

Renaming emoticons
    Perhaps. We'd actually be duplicating them, not renaming them, so :) could remain and you could use :smile: instead if you so wanted.

Reordering them
    They want to do that, but the list would be sorted by "usefulness" (which I interpret to mean arranged by usage, most to least). We'll also try to adjust the posting page template so that there aren't as many scroll bars.

@Ian: I think I can get back a few more of the old emoticons if you give me some time ;)

Thanks
    [quote name='HansV' post='777261' date='28-May-2009 02:01']Some of the smileys from the "old" Lounge have been made directly available (without having to use [img]...[/img] tags:[/quote]
    This is just a question - NOT a criticism - BUT - if "some" of the old smileys have been made "directly" available, what is the problem with the rest of them?
    John
    A Child's Mind, Once Stretched by Imagination...
    Never Regains Its Original Dimensions

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Mostly that it's a lot of work. Apart from that, the list of smileys in the "old" Lounge had become very long, with many rather useless ones.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast