2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I have a copy of MS Office Small Business 2003 OEM from an older PC that died. I am attempting to install my Office suite on another newer PC with Vista installed. It gets activated but requests license acceptance everytime that I start the programs. I found a MS KB article # 884202 describing the problem but the solution given there does not work.
    I have 2 users configured, both administrators. Selecting accept when the EULA screen appears for either user does not solve the problem.
    I tried the registry route but did not find any key in this path: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0. There was no 11.0, just 12.0.
    I tried renaming the 12 to 11 but still no fix.
    Can anyone offer a suggestion to correct my problem. Thanks

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Since this is a OEM copy it is illegal to use on a different machine.

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.

Thanks
    [quote name='macdonell' post='777309' date='28-May-2009 08:18']...PC with Vista installed. It gets activated but requests license acceptance everytime that I start the programs. I found a MS KB article # 884202 describing the problem but the solution given there does not work.[/quote]
    Setting aside the legalities for a moment, if the Office installer did not create that key, it might be because the installer was not run with sufficient privileges. You could manually add the key described in You must accept the Office End User License Agreement every time that you start an Office program (MSKB 884202), but perhaps it would be safer to uninstall Office completely and then reinstall it using Run As Administrator, to avoid any other installation problems haunting you down the road. (Just a guess, as I am not very familiar with Windows Vista.)

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='jscher2000' post='777335' date='28-May-2009 13:54']Setting aside the legalities for a moment, if the Office installer did not create that key, it might be because the installer was not run with sufficient privileges. You could manually add the key described in You must accept the Office End User License Agreement every time that you start an Office program (MSKB 884202), but perhaps it would be safer to uninstall Office completely and then reinstall it using Run As Administrator, to avoid any other installation problems haunting you down the road. (Just a guess, as I am not very familiar with Windows Vista.)[/quote]

Thank you, I will try re-installing Office