3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi, again.

At our company, IT has decided to move from Lotus Notes to Outlook (finally.) Howeverm they have decided that, while they will be migrating the calendars and contacts, they won't be moving any mail.

Does anyone know of any free or cheap software that can be used on the client end that can do that, or that can convert NFS to PST?

Thanks in advance!
    <font face="Comic Sans MS">That's what you do in a herd; you look out for each other!</font face=comic> - Mike

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    A Google search for migrate notes outlook or for convert notes outlook turns up several utilities that claim to be able to do what you want, but none appears to be free, although you can usually download a free evaluation version with limited functionality.

Thanks
    [quote name='Mesaka' post='777340' date='28-May-2009 11:51']IT has decided to move from Lotus Notes to Outlook (finally.) Howeverm they have decided that, while they will be migrating the calendars and contacts, they won't be moving any mail.[/quote]
    They must have something in mind. People can't be parted from their email. Companies can't just discard all their electronic records. Is it possible that they are moving it to an archiving system so it will be available through a web interface or through an Outlook add-on?

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Oh, I didn't mean to imply that they were deleting it. (I'm in pharma, after all!) But their solution is to either 1) provide us with a URL that will somehow take us to something (webmail?) by which we can continue to access our old files, or 2) have level 2 support reconfigure folks' Location prefs so that we can still access the NFS file (providing they leave Notes on our system.)

I'm not at ALL sure why they didn't feel it necessary to migrate the data, too.
    <font face="Comic Sans MS">That's what you do in a herd; you look out for each other!</font face=comic> - Mike

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='Mesaka' post='777363' date='28-May-2009 14:45']their solution is to either 1) provide us with a URL that will somehow take us to something (webmail?) by which we can continue to access our old files, or 2) have level 2 support reconfigure folks' Location prefs so that we can still access the NFS file (providing they leave Notes on our system.)[/quote]
    I sympathize with you - I think money short-sightedly saved in IT frequently turns into loss of employee efficiency. See if these help:
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...;displaylang=en
    http://tech.niques.info/projects/lot...-email-export/

I have no experience with either.
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,056 Times in 925 Posts
    [quote name='Mesaka' post='777340' date='28-May-2009 13:51']Does anyone know of any free or cheap software that can be used on the client end that can do that, or that can convert NFS to PST?[/quote]

This may be too late but I just got this in an email - Best Practices: Migrating from Lotus Notes to Microsoft Exchange & SharePoint -- Redmondmag.com.

NOTE: this requires registration to download.

Joe
    Joe