2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I have baseline code in my FE to link tables from multiple BE dB's. The code works great when there are no linked tables in the FE. I would like to test for likely link problems and take the appropriate corrective action. I have a simple function that attempts to open a record set on a passed linked-table name {Set rs = CurrentDb.OpenRecordset(sTablename)} and return any error code. I would like to test for no table in the FE, an invalid link, and a missing table in the BE. The opening of the record set correctly generates a 3078 for the missing FE table case. I thought it would generate a 3024 if the link path was no longer valid and a 3151 if the table was missing in the BE. So far it gives me a 3078 for a bad linkpath and nothing/0 if the path is valid but the BE table is missing. Appreciate any suggestions on how to successfully test for the later two problems.

Thanks,
    Marty

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Which version of Access are you using? In Access 2002, I get error 3044 if the backend path+filename is incorrect.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hans,

Sorry I forgot to include that info ... I'm using Access 2007.

Marty

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Sorry, I can't help with that. I don't have Access 2007. I hope someone else will be able to help you.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    [quote name='mcowen' post='777475' date='29-May-2009 11:39']Hans,

Sorry I forgot to include that info ... I'm using Access 2007.

Marty[/quote]
    Most of the error codes remain the same, and I'm not in a position to be able to test your various scenarios. However FMS Inc. has published an exhaustive set of error codes for Access 2007. Another variable is the format of the data you are linking to - if your BE tables are all Access - then things should be pretty consistent. However if you are linking to text, or Excel or dBase tables, or to ODBC linked tables (SQL Server, Oracle, etc) then you are like to get a different set of errors if the BE object is missing.
    Wendell