New Lounger
    Thanks
    I have a database form that, in an earlier version, had a prompt to type in a name when the user clicked on a button that was put on the form. When it was converted 2007, we can not turn off the automatic filter that is keeping the users from using the button.

How do you turn off automatic filtering on a form? I have tried using the options on the toolbar with no luck.

Thanks,
    Cindy

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    I'm not familiar with Access 2007. What is "automatic filtering"?

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    [quote name='Honeyrun' post='777445' date='30-May-2009 00:37']I have a database form that, in an earlier version, had a prompt to type in a name when the user clicked on a button that was put on the form. When it was converted 2007, we can not turn off the automatic filter that is keeping the users from using the button.

How do you turn off automatic filtering on a form? I have tried using the options on the toolbar with no luck.[/quote]
    I use Access 2007 all the time, and I don't know what automatic filtering either. What makes you think that is the cause of the problem?
    One standard cause of things not working in 2007 is the Security restriction that prevents code running unless the database is in a trusted location.
    Do you get a Security Warning like this?
    [attachment=84031:security.gif]
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Regards
    John

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I don't get a security warning.

I am thinking that I need to "redo" the form in the new version of access.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    [quote name='Honeyrun' post='778161' date='03-Jun-2009 07:19']I don't get a security warning.

I am thinking that I need to "redo" the form in the new version of access.[/quote]
    In general that should not be necessary - we run applications in mixed versions of Access, and don't have any issues like that. But you haven't described what happens if you click on the button. Does nothing happen, does some error message occur, or what? If it's nothing, then I suspect you need to set the Trusted Locations in Access 2007 to include the location where the database resides. Also it would be helpful to know if clicking the button is supposed to trigger the execution of a macro, or of a Visual Basic module. With further information, I'm sure we can walk you through getting the form to work without redesigning it from scratch.
    Wendell