Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='stuck' post='778188' date='03-Jun-2009 15:31']I think you'll find you can solve this problem by altering the monitor's refresh rate. Tempting though it is to use 'Optimal', don't! Start at 'Adaptor default' and then work your way up the various allowed rates till you find where it all goes pear shaped, then drop back to the previous level.

My Win98/AGP nvidia TNT2/Smile 15"CRT monitor at 1024x768 set up fails as you describe above 72Hz.

Ken[/quote]

I'll try again playing with the refresh rate. Don't think changing it helped last time I tried, but will try again.

Al

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='AlStewart' post='778258' date='03-Jun-2009 22:21']I'll try again playing with the refresh rate. Don't think changing it helped last time I tried, but will try again.

Al[/quote]

My experience with LCD monitors (though NOT on Win98) is that if you set them to something other than their native resolution or change the refresh rate from the default you end up with a low quality display that is hard on the eyes.

If the native resolution makes the icons too small then the 'correct' way to fix this is to change the icon &/or font size.

Ken

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12