3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I installed 2007 sp2 from the downloaded full file. The installation went well, and my Office programs are running smoothly. However, Windows Update/Microsoft Update (on Vista Ultimate) is still showing sp2 as an available update. However, whereas before today's installation the update showed as a 300MB (or thereabouts) download, now it is showing it as a 5.1MB download. What gives? Did the full file fail to install part of the update?

Fafner

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    What happens if you install the version offered by MS Update? (I'd create a restore point first, so that you can go back if necessary)

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='HansV' post='777542' date='29-May-2009 21:13']What happens if you install the version offered by MS Update? (I'd create a restore point first, so that you can go back if necessary)[/quote]

Well, I was hesitant to try it, because with the manual download everything was working so well, and I'd hate to break it. That's why I posted -- to see if anyone in the Lounge had come across this situation. But I will try it and post back.

Fafner

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I'm back again after trying the installation. It was pretty much a non-event. After the download, the installation took only a second or two (as compared with the full file installation, which took many minutes), and it didn't ask for a reboot. Otherwise, I can't detect anything that changed. I think maybe Windows Update was just upset that I didn't use it initially for the update and downloaded the full file instead, and it just wanted to get in the last word.

Fafner

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    That was what I expected.