Thanks
    I use Firefox as my primary browser. When I visit sites that require a log in, Firefox offers to remember my user name and password. On subsequent visits Firefox fills in the user name and password automatically.

How do I implement this in IE8?
    Regards,
    PaulB

Thanks
    [quote name='PaulB' post='777736' date='31-May-2009 21:18']I use Firefox as my primary browser. When I visit sites that require a log in, Firefox offers to remember my user name and password. On subsequent visits Firefox fills in the user name and password automatically.

How do I implement this in IE8?[/quote]
    Does this help?
    John
    A Child's Mind, Once Stretched by Imagination...
    Never Regains Its Original Dimensions

Thanks
    [quote name='Rebel' post='777745' date='01-Jun-2009 00:22']Does this help?[/quote]

A much belated thanks for your advice, John. I gave it a try with some limited success. I have one site where it refuses to ask if I want it to "remember" my account name and password. There is another site where it does ask to save the password but not the account name. In any event, I can't get IE to behave like Firefox in this regard. I also suspect the advice in the link you provided is geared to Windows XP and/or IE7. I'm running Vista and IE8, but I think the advice still applies.

I am going to put this (minor) annoyance on the back burner for now. I have a much more pressing problem to resolve. I suspect I may be about to lose a HDD. Keeping my fingers crossed...

Again, thanks.
    Regards,
    PaulB

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts
    [quote name='PaulB' post='779057' date='09-Jun-2009 21:59']A much belated thanks for your advice, John. I gave it a try with some limited success. I have one site where it refuses to ask if I want it to "remember" my account name and password. There is another site where it does ask to save the password but not the account name.[/quote]

You could try RoboForm: Password Manager, Form Filler, Password Management. There is a free version that has limits on the number of identities you can have. The paid version is relatively inexpensive and removes those limits. They recently introduced a feature to synch your logons between PCs with GoodSync : File Synchronization, File Backup Software, File Sync Software.

Joe
    Joe

Thanks
    [quote name='joeperez' post='779093' date='10-Jun-2009 09:27']You could try RoboForm: Password Manager, Form Filler, Password Management. There is a free version that has limits on the number of identities you can have. The paid version is relatively inexpensive and removes those limits. They recently introduced a feature to synch your logons between PCs with GoodSync : File Synchronization, File Backup Software, File Sync Software.

Joe[/quote]

Thanks, Joe. That's a good idea. I'm quite happy with the way Firefox deals with this issue, and for the very few times that I use IE I can live with having to enter a user name and password.
    Regards,
    PaulB