Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    hello

From OfficeXP we're upgrading to Office 2007.

In WordXP we have a custom toolbar with buttons containing our company heading styles.

Im wanting to use out of the box functionality in Word 2007.

In Word2007 in the Styles area , if its possible im wanting to add a "Company style line" containing company styles. I think this is called a "Quick Style set".

I was thinking to add/display the company styles. we use heading style 1-8 plus some other custom styles. Is it possible to have this displayed all on the one line?

Can this be setup?

can this be done globally in Word. eg we have templates with different heading styles a letter template with different heading styles and another template. will i be able to setup these styles globaly?

I also need to deploy these settings to all desktops? how will I deploy nationally? eg what is the directory storage location?

can you pls point me in the right direction.

many thanks

diana
    Attached Images Attached Images

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='Diana' post='777746' date='01-Jun-2009 12:37']hello

From OfficeXP we're upgrading to Office 2007.

In WordXP we have a custom toolbar with buttons containing our company heading styles.

Im wanting to use out of the box functionality in Word 2007.

In Word2007 in the Styles area , if its possible im wanting to add a "Company style line" containing company styles. I think this is called a "Quick Style set".

I was thinking to add/display the company styles. we use heading style 1-8 plus some other custom styles. Is it possible to have this displayed all on the one line?

Can this be setup?

can this be done globally in Word. eg we have templates with different heading styles a letter template with different heading styles and another template. will i be able to setup these styles globaly?

I also need to deploy these settings to all desktops? how will I deploy nationally? eg what is the directory storage location?

can you pls point me in the right direction.

many thanks

diana[/quote]

I don't think you need a toolbar to do this, and I think that you find the 2007 approach to be more elegant. In 2007 there is a box on the ribbon for styles, which can be expanded by the arrow in the lower right-hand corner of it to display even more styles, and another box to change styles.

These are Microsoft's own defined styles, but there is an option for making something you have concocted as a 'quickstyle', and even more extensive opportunities to make anything you want a style that is available at all times. You can purchase entire packages of templates and presumably styles.

My ribbon is acting up at present but I'll try to give you some idea with this. If I click the arrow to show the expanded views my Snipping Tool will not capture it, so this is just the starting-point.

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    hello

ive been experimenting with setting up "New Quick Style..."

At the moment the styles ive setup are all over the shop ...etc see screen capture

Is it possible to have related styles grouped and displayed on the one line. eg
    on one line display heading 1-8
    on the next line display custom heading styles for "definitions"
    on the next line display custom heading styles for "sub-headings"

many thanks

dd

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    You are on the track, and at this point I think it becomes a homework assignment. Don't overlook the remaining arrows, don't forget Help, which is the little question mark at the end of the bar above and amounts to an encyclopedic amount of information, and if you have Get Started on that bar you can access tutorials. If you don't have it I think you can download it.

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    many thanks PeterG

diana

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Diana,

Another new to 2007 tool that's very helpful is that you can control the order in which the styles display in both the Ribbon as well as in the Styles pane.

I'm away from home base until later today and don't have access to Word 2007 at the moment, but from memory, if you display the Styles pane and then click on the button at the bottom for 'Manage Styles', one of the tabs in the dialog that results, will allow you to control the order in which the styles get displayed. (This is the same location from which you can control the properties such as 'Show', 'Hide', 'Hide Until Used' etc.)

You can use this location to set all of the new built-in 2007 styles - which probably will not be appropriate to your firm's templates - to always be hidden. And you can set up a ordered numbering scheme for your custom styles so that you can control the order in which they display. This is actually much better than earlier versions of Word, in that you can now set up whatever kind of order of display for styles that you want, in the Styles pane.

Based on my limited experience with 2007 templates, I think you'll probably need to do these settings into each individual template. It might be possible to write a macro or maybe use the Organizer to effect these settings into multiple templates, but I haven't looked into doing so yet.

Gary

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    thank you Gary Ive looked into the Manage Styles options, I do some research & see what I can find.

With regards to Office 2007, I feel abit of a stranger in a stange land...

diana

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Here's an illustrative screenshot:

[attachment=84058:ManageSt...ecommend.JPG]