5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Cheers

Steve

Asking the questions everbody wants the answers too but feels too stupid to ask themselves :-)

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='stevehocking' post='777747' date='01-Jun-2009 14:38']http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8076413.stm[/quote]
    The part of me that is human goes out to this woman and hopes that she is well and well cared for.

The cynical part cant help thinking that the TV networks want to milk this for all they can get.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='johbot' post='777761' date='01-Jun-2009 09:24']The part of me that is human goes out to this woman and hopes that she is well and well cared for.

The cynical part cant help thinking that the TV networks want to milk this for all they can get.[/quote]

Hi Johanna

Yes, I can see where you are coming from, and not being a Psycologist I could not past judgement. She seemed flaky from the start but by the end her behaviour was really quite odd.

I suppose coming from obscurity within a month to be on the Oprah show, Demi Moore wanting to be her best friend and Elaine Page wanting to duet with her would have taken anybody out of their comfort zone.
    Cheers

Steve

Asking the questions everbody wants the answers too but feels too stupid to ask themselves :-)

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks
    She came off the Boyle?
    Subway Belconnen- home of the Signboard to make you smile. Get (almost) daily updates- follow SubwayBelconnen on Twitter.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='johbot' post='777761' date='01-Jun-2009 04:24']The part of me that is human goes out to this woman and hopes that she is well and well cared for.

The cynical part cant help thinking that the TV networks want to milk this for all they can get.[/quote]

It isn't just the TV networks I mistrust in this. I can't help but think that this is what a lot of the lesser print media were hoping for as well. This should give them weeks of fodder at this poor woman's expense. You didn't hear of them stalking the other contestants like they did Ms. Boyle.

I hope that she is getting the best support and treatment. I pray that she will come back stronger now that the initial press is off, she truly does have a gift that all the world is better for from her sharing it with us. Unfortunately, now that the media has found a weakness they will continue to attack.

Finally, the other unseen fallout from all this is all the other undiscovered talent out there will think more than twice about coming forward after seeing how they might be received.
    <font face="Comic Sans MS">MickeyMouse</font face=comic>
    How best to describe the Lounge-
    "Coming together is a beginning, staying together is progress, working together is success"