Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi,

I've created a report template in Word 2003, which includes a landscape page within it.

Because the width of a landscape page is wider than portrait, the logo on the bottom right-hand side footer is positioned further to the right than it is on the portrait pages, and the horizontal rule, and text box that includes the report information, is longer in length. Therefore, I have set the footer so it is not "Same as Previous" (and have also done this for the portrait page that follows).

However, when I insert a new landscape page (Insert>Break>Page break on the landscape page), the footer on the new landscape page that appears is wrong -- although the horizontal rule is as the previous landscape page and is correct in length, the logo is positioned in the same place that it is on a portrait page (i.e. not far enough right), and, similarly, the text box that contains my report information is too short for the landscape page, as it is the same width as it was on the portrait page.

(I am also having a similar problem with the numbering in the landscape page header -- it is fine in the original landscape page, but when I insert a new page it disappears, but reappears in following portrait pages.)

Can anybody tell me how I can get headers and footers in new landscape pages to behave correctly?

Many thanks,
    Sam

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Welcome to the Lounge!

When you insert a page break, you're still in the same section of the document so page setup (including headers and footers) shouldn't change.
    Could you attach a small sample document that demonstrates the problem? You can remove most of the content.

Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi Hans,

Thanks very much for the reply.

I've attached a document of the template, with a page break (and corresponding problems) as described in the post.

(In Page Setup, I've tried fiddling with mirror margins but still have the same problem.)

Many thanks,
    Sam

[quote name='HansV' post='777785' date='01-Jun-2009 09:28']Welcome to the Lounge!

When you insert a page break, you're still in the same section of the document so page setup (including headers and footers) shouldn't change.
    Could you attach a small sample document that demonstrates the problem? You can remove most of the content.[/quote]
    Attached Files Attached Files

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    In the Layout tab of File | Page Setup, the check box "Different first page" has been ticked. This means that the header and footer of the first page of a section can have different settings than those for subsequent pages of the same section.
    The first page footer of section 4 has been set up correctly for a landscape page, but the main footer (the one for subsequent pages) still has "Same as previous" set, so it uses the same settings as section 3 which uses portrait layout.
    To solve this, activate this footer, turn off "Same as previous", then adjust the logo and text box.

Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks very much Hans -- that seems to have done the trick.

Regards,
    Sam

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    [quote name='Sam577' post='777789' date='01-Jun-2009 09:36']Hi Hans,

Thanks very much for the reply.

I've attached a document of the template, with a page break (and corresponding problems) as described in the post.

(In Page Setup, I've tried fiddling with mirror margins but still have the same problem.)

Many thanks,
    Sam[/quote]
    I know you didn't ask for this but... If you replace the text box with a two cell table set to 100% width, it will auto adjust to the page width in each footer section. Another method is to include in the footer style right align tabs at the portrait margin and the landscape margin. Then all the user has to do is insert (or delete as necessary) a second tab to send the righthand text to the margin for the section. I have used both of these methods in W2003.

PamC
    Pam Caswell