2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I just switched my printer, an HP PSC 1300 All in one to my new Vista machine.

My printer works just fine, but the scanner won't do anything.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I no longer have the disk that came with the printer, and I can't find the software on line.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    The software for HP All-in-one devices (including the HP PSC 1300 series) can be found here: HP Full Feature Software and Drivers .

Warning: it's a 163 MB download!

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Oops - see the following: The Scan Button on the All-in-One Does Not Function When the Printer is Connected to Windows Vista

There's a problem that HP apparently hasn't bothered solving...

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Yep, that's the problem.

I have to use Paint, which will be ok--except, I'm probably going to be hitting the Loungers up for a macro to make my scans fit to printable sheets.

The steps seem to be many, 1 8 1/2 x 11 prints to 4 sheets, but I'm still experimenting.

As always thanks for the help.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='stans' post='777912' date='01-Jun-2009 19:21']... I have to use Paint, which will be ok--except, I'm probably going to be hitting the Loungers up for a macro to make my scans fit to printable sheets.[/quote]
    I have a question. If you can initiate a scan using Paint, I wonder if it would also work in whatever your "normal" graphics program is? For instance, in Paint Shop Pro it would be File, Import, Twain Acquire.

Possible?

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='Bigaldoc' post='777956' date='02-Jun-2009 06:49']I have a question. If you can initiate a scan using Paint, I wonder if it would also work in whatever your "normal" graphics program is? For instance, in Paint Shop Pro it would be File, Import, Twain Acquire.

Possible?[/quote]
    Thanks - I downloaded the HP software and it fixed me up.

I don't have Paintshop but I'll keep that in mind if the HP don't work out-so far so good.