3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I have a spreadsheet approximately 1800 rows and 20 columns. It was taking forever to calculate and always hangs up to where i "End Task" I have 4 colums of if formula to check the data but still giving me a whopper of a headache. Any thoughts on getting this worksheet to calculate without a "not Responding" error.

Thanks

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    It depends on the complexity of the formulas. Array formulas (explicit or implicit) for example tend to be calculation-intensive, so if you have 1800 * 4 = 7200 of them, this might explain the slowness.

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='MNN' post='777905' date='02-Jun-2009 09:54']I have a spreadsheet approximately 1800 rows and 20 columns. It was taking forever to calculate and always hangs up to where i "End Task" I have 4 colums of if formula to check the data but still giving me a whopper of a headache. Any thoughts on getting this worksheet to calculate without a "not Responding" error.

Thanks[/quote]
    If you spreadsheet if formulae are referring to other files in a VLookup formula, I have found that having the other files open at the same time can speed up the calculation process.

Regards,
    Maria
    Maria
    Simmo7
    Victoria, Australia