2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I have a client who has to save a lot of sent messages for quick reference. I have suggested sorting and moving them into seperate folders. Every item that is moved out to a new folder, has a new received time stamp applied. When the message is opened, from the new folder, the original time stamp can be viewed, but this does not help sorting through the email to find a particular chronological item. Is there any way to save Sent messages with the original received time and date visible for sorting?
    This phenomona does not happen with messages moved out of the Inbox.
    Thank you.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    The Received date/time for an e-mail that the user sent isn't really relevant, one should look at the Sent date/time. But these should be equal to each other, even if the message is moved to another folder. It works that way in my Outlook 2002...

Thanks
    [quote name='macdonell' post='778057' date='02-Jun-2009 14:08']When the message is opened, from the new folder, the original time stamp can be viewed, but this does not help sorting through the email to find a particular chronological item.[/quote]
    I always add the Sent column to my view for archival folders. You can do this informally using the field chooser to drag Sent into the current set of columns or use the define views dialog.

In Outlook 2003, these are accessible as follows from the target folder:

Right-click a column heading > Field chooser

View > Arrange By > Current View > Define views

Does that help?

Edit: To avoid disrupting the built-in Messages view, I define a new view for archival folders, e.g., MailArch, and if/when it breaks, I create a new one, e.g., MailArch2.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='jscher2000' post='778085' date='02-Jun-2009 19:03']I always add the Sent column to my view for archival folders. You can do this informally using the field chooser to drag Sent into the current set of columns or use the define views dialog.

In Outlook 2003, these are accessible as follows from the target folder:

Right-click a column heading > Field chooser

View > Arrange By > Current View > Define views

Does that help?

Edit: To avoid disrupting the built-in Messages view, I define a new view for archival folders, e.g., MailArch, and if/when it breaks, I create a new one, e.g., MailArch2.[/quote]

That is the solution. Many thanks.