2 Star Lounger
    Hampton, New Hampshire, USA
    Sad news from down under. Australia's last World War One soldier dies, aged 110.

"Mr. Ross showed his willingness to serve Australia and her allies in what was an extremely tumultuous time in our history, and for that we are grateful," said Griffin in a statement.
    "While he did not travel overseas, he completed his training, ready for deployment."

He was, like so many of our young men around the world, willing to sacrifice his life for the freedom and safety of others.

Ye sleepers, who will sing you?
    We can but give our tears --
    Ye dead men, who shall bring you
    Fame in the coming years?
    Brave souls . . . but who remembers
    The flame that fired your embers? . . .
    Deep, deep the sleep that holds you
    Who one time had no peers.
    I tip my hat and say a prayer to all of you who willingly shouldered this burden.
    <font face="Comic Sans MS">MickeyMouse</font face=comic>
    How best to describe the Lounge-
    "Coming together is a beginning, staying together is progress, working together is success"

Plutonium Lounger
    Lexington, Kentucky, USA
    [quote name='MickeyMouse' post='778206' date='03-Jun-2009 13:38']Sad news from down under. Australia's last World War One soldier dies, aged 110.[/quote]
    Sad news indeed! Spending every day with a few hundred of our veterans, I hate it every time we lose one, from any era!

This isn't USA but rather Kentucky. About a month ago we lost our last known Kentucky WW I soldier and (I think) proper respect was paid to that sad day by many Kentuckians:

Veteran Robley Rex receives final tribute

Attached Images Attached Images