3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I have a wireless keyboard / mouse that suddenly started acting strangely.

I changed batteries and that seemed to help for a short period.

While typing it seems there is something in background grabbing all of the machines cycles and I only get a portion of the letters typed. I checked task mgr and can't see anything taking over system.

When trying to make multple selections using "Ctrl" it loses focus and I have to resort to singles selections at a time.

Do these keyboards some times just wear out - is it time for a new keyboard?

Thanks

Tom

Thanks
    [quote name='tomyrush' post='778493' date='05-Jun-2009 11:52']Do these keyboards some times just wear out - is it time for a new keyboard?
    Tom[/quote]
    ANYTHING can wear over time, even us!

How old is the unit? How much use does it get?
    Have you checked for updated drivers from the manufacturer?

I don't use wireless hardware but wired units are dirt cheap these days and even wireless is relatively inexpensive, so how much time you spend troubleshooting this problem, probably isn't worth it.
    BOB
    http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/S/flags/USA.gif http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/S/f...sachusetts.gif

Long ago, there was a time when men cursed and beat on the ground with sticks. It was called witchcraft.
    Today it is called golf!

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks Bob - I will break down and pop for a new one

Tom

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='tomyrush' post='778493' date='05-Jun-2009 11:52']I have a wireless keyboard / mouse that suddenly started acting strangely.[/quote]
    In addition to what Bob said, I always suggest to people that you check your antivirus and/or malware software to see if one of them might be hogging a resource and thus inhibiting the mouse/keyboard.

You can't always tell from Task Manager, so you may have to temporarily disable something to see if the problem abates.