Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I have a two monitor systeml; the main monitor failed. When I restarted the computer with only the secondary monitor working, the secondary monitor became the main monitor. I found such a fail safe encouraging. However, when I replaced what had been the main monitor and adjusted the Display settings in the control panel, the desktop went back to the main monitor but the start button and the bar at the bottom of the screen remain on the secondary monitor. I can find nothing in the bios to correct this. How can I get the main monitor set up with the comlete main monitor screen?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Right-click an empty part of the desktop.
    Select Properties from the popup menu.
    Activate the Settings tab.
    Click Advanced.
    The settings for multiple monitors are somewhere in this dialog. You may have to visit the tab for the video card manufacturer.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='padamson' post='778583' date='06-Jun-2009 06:44']...the desktop went back to the main monitor but the start button and the bar at the bottom of the screen remain on the secondary monitor.[/quote]
    I had a similar problem once (a very long time ago). I could not find ANY way to move the start button to the correct screen. My eventual solution was to swap the cables between my two monitors!